Chapter 5

HAN POV

HAN POV

Lee Know refused to let me do a thing when we packed the next morning. He chose the items and folded them himself into the ridiculously overpriced bag. He put my shoes in the duffel and had a smaller bag for my toiletries that we placed inside as well. It was very over the top, and he had control over every little detail. I wondered if he had this much control over every aspect of his life or if it was unique to me since I'd been bought for the week.

He'd told me what to wear before dropping me off last night, so I had on a cream, knit button-up sweater that was far more elaborate and expensive than half of my closet combined. He'd complimented the way it looked on me when he first got here and my face had turned a bright shade of pink.

"We'll be driving up with Hyunjin and Felix so once we're done here, we'll stop by my place to pick them up."

"Okay," I acknowledged as I packed my toothbrush and various headache and anxiety medicines as well as my cologne into the toiletry bag. When I brought it back to Lee Know, I knew he could hear the pills, but he didn't ask me about them.

"Is that everything?" he asked.

I nodded and he closed the duffel bag and set it on top of the suitcase. "Let's head to my place then."

I agreed, and we left behind my apartment. I was able to lock the door myself this time since Lee Know started on the stairs carrying my bags. I craved the feeling of his chest against my back, though, and I wondered if I would get the chance to feel that again.

He was already closing the trunk of the SUV when I made it outside. He opened the door for me to sit in the passenger seat beside him since he hadn't brought a driver this time.

"Hyunjin's really excited to meet you," Lee Know told me. "Felix, too."

I was nervous that I'd make a bad impression on them like I had with Seungmin. I hadn't told Lee Know what I'd overheard him say, but it chanted in my mind at the thought of meeting more of his friends.

"And Chan and Changbin will be at the house with their girlfriends, too. And of course Seungmin and Jeongin," he continued.

I didn't answer him as I stared straight ahead trying to figure out the best way to introduce myself. Were they the type of rich people to kiss on the cheek? Seungmin had done a handshake, maybe I should do that?

"Hey, Han, are you okay?" Lee Know fretted as he pulled to a stop outside of a building that I assumed was his apartment.

I turned to him and could tell how worried he was...for me. Maybe I could make him like me. "I'm just nervous," I fidgeted with the seatbelt on my waist, and he looked down to watch my fingers play with the fabric.

"You weren't nervous when you first met me," he reminded me.

"I was nervous before I met you. But then I felt comfortable enough to be myself," I explained.