Injured Zhang Mo

The Xie's training ground took about a third of the whole residence's space.

There were fake mountains and man-made waterfalls, huge boulders to test strength and a warehouse filled with a variety of weapons. There were also private training rooms specially crafted to bear the outburst of special abilities.

Along the way, Mrs Zhang, as well as Xie Yi, had been greeted by the loitering members numerous times. Although most casted a curious look onto her figure, they all bared a polite smile to their lips, not inquiring more than her name.

Seeing this, Xie Yi couldn't help but look at Mrs Zhang in a new light, and this didn't escape the sensitive old woman's eyes.

"I am but a servant who directly serves under the Master. That's the reason why they all treated me with respect."

Mrs Zhang chuckled when she saw the teenager nodding dismissively.

"Young Miss will have to quickly get used to it since you're the Master's daughter. They'll flatter you way more than they did to this old woman." She patted the teenager's back.

Xie Yi was attentively listening to Mrs Zhang's rant about the Xies, nodding her head from time to time to show her appreciation when suddenly, a seemingly flustered young man barged in between their one-sided talk.

"Oh, there you are, Auntie Zhang! I've been looking everywhere for you! Quick, follow me! Brother Mo is injured!"

The young man said in between his heavy pants of breath.

"What? Is Mo'er okay? Is his injury serious? Quick, quick bring me to him!"

Mrs Zhang's wrinkled face turned pale as she urged him to lead the way.

Although suffering from injuries was common in this day and age, everyone knew that Mrs Zhang had only this one child that she had doted on very much. After all, she had conceived this child at a late age when she had almost lost all hope for a descendant. And thus, Mrs Zhang had always taken Zhang Mo's existence as God's gift and mercy to the poor couple.

"Yes, please follow me."

Under the young man's guidance, they were soon brought to the medical ward where Zhang Mo received his emergency treatment.

Once they entered the room, Mrs Zhang burst into tears as she rushed to the unconscious man's bedside, pulling down his blankets to grab his hands when she suddenly sucked a deep breath, eyes wide in horror.

"My son..."

The old woman's wrinkled fingers trembled, not daring to touch her son's badly mutilated hand in fear of paining him more. It was only after Xie Yi saw the young man's condition that she could finally understand the old woman's huge reaction.

Zhang Mo turned out to be quite a dashing man seemingly in his early 20's, which Xie Yi found unexpected when she considered Mrs Zhang's age. Although his face had been battered blue and not one patch of skin was left untouched, she could still make out his overall looks.

Xie Yi frowned. Mrs Zhang had been nothing but kind and welcoming to her and thus, Xie Yi naturally saw Zhang Mo in a similar good light.

Along the way, the young man who introduced himself as Zhang Mo's good friend, Xiao Jun, had told them everything that had happened, not leaving a single detail amiss.

He said that Zhang Mo had been challenged into a fight by the Xie twin devils. They had agreed that it'll be nothing more than a friendly spar between colleagues under the same family and it'll be a kind of exchange that involves only fists and weapons.

Since Zhang Mo's power level was a rank higher than the twins, with Zhang Mo being a 3th-ranked Wind-based ability user and the twins respectively being a 2nd-ranked Water and Ice-based ability user, they agreed on a 2:1 fight.

This was reasonably done so as although special abilities were barred from being used, humans with superpowers will have their physiques similarly strengthened by the super energy pulsating within them. The higher the power they wield, the greater their physiques will be strengthened.

Although he was outnumbered, Zhang Mo had initially gained an upper hand in their exchange as he had better strength, speed, and overall physical attributes compared to the two. Not to mention that as a 3th-ranked ability user, he had had his fair share of experience engaging in a real fight with the mutants.

If not for the twin's despicable means, sneakily unleashing their special powers when Zhang Mo had his guard lowered, it wouldn't be surprising for Zhang Mo to come out as a victor in the fight that he could have ended in under two minutes.

"Those despicable twins! Cheating is fine but they even dared to take the two mutated B-Class nucleus as if they had won the bet! How shameless!"

Xiao Jun hatefully grumbled, feeling wronged on behalf of his good brother, Zhang Mo.

Xie Yi understood the priority of his concern since she had carefully inspected Zhang Mo's injuries. Although his wounds looked grim and scary, they were all superficial wounds that could be easily healed with the passing of time, coupled with enough rest. It was nothing as serious as the atmosphere around them. As for why he hadn't regained his consciousness, it must be the aftereffects of the medicine used to treat him.

However, the old woman beside them obviously didn't think the same way.

"What bet? Xiao Jun, tell me honestly. What exactly happened between Mo'er and the Xie branch's twins?"

Mrs Zhang asked as her eyes sternly stared against Xiao Jun's trembling ones.

"That..."

Xiao Jun hesitantly started, fingers fidgeting as he didn't know if he was allowed to tell her or not. Although betting in battles was a common practice in the training ground, he was afraid that Zhang Mo would scold him once he woke up.

After all, Mrs Zhang never liked these kinds of dangerous things. Sparring with bets involved could easily spiral into something greater than friendly matches, and it was ironic that her belief was quickly proven to be true by her own son's incident.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to reveal everything, the door to the ward was harshly pushed open with a kick, producing a loud sound of a "Bang!" as it hit against the wall behind.

Xie Yi's gaze questioningly moved to settle on the two haughty-looking guests, her ears and interest perking up when she heard Xiao Jun's furious voice.

"Xie Ling! Xie Feng! How dare you two show up here and cause a commotion? Haven't you had enough, ambushing Brother Mo when he's not looking?!! You two would've lost if you hadn't cheated!"