The Xie Twin Devils

"Hah, you're being funny here, that loser's little follower. A loss is a loss. Stop searching for reasons to justify that loser's defeat."

The taller youngster, Xie Feng, scoffed with a smug smile tugged on his face. He had an arm wrapped around the young woman beside him who was a head shorter than him, the two bearing similar arrogant features.

"You still dare to say? Haven't you agreed not to use any special abilities during the fight? If Brother Mo had utilized his powers as well, you two wouldn't have stood any chance in winning against him at all!"

Xiao Jun trembled in uncontrollable anger. This kind of ​unjustified grief, he couldn't stand it at all!

"What do you mean? What kind of agreement are you talking about? Don't you dare slander us! I never said that special abilities are forbidden. I merely told him that we'll be using our fists and weapons, and suggested him to do the same, that's all."

Xie Feng indifferently shrugged as the two entered the room without waiting for them to be invited inside. It was obvious that no one in the room would welcome them and thus, they brazenly invited themselves in.

Xie Ling clapped her hands in support of her brother's words. She coyly batted her eyelashes, her cherry lips parting to speak in a soft pitiful voice.

"Brother's right. We won the match fair and square. Please don't go around spreading these kinds of false words, lest it lead people to misunderstand..."

She raised her hand to cover her teary face as if she had been wronged, leaving Xiao Jun speechless with veins popping out of his forehead.

"What are you looking at, little follower? We're here to visit Zhang Mo out of kindness, don't you dare go overboard!"

Xie Feng stepped forward to pull his sobbing sister behind him, before glaring at the angered Xiao Jun with a condescending look.

"What is it? Itching for a fight? Wanna be a hero for your good brother is it? However, with just you? Cih! Even if we agree, do you, Xiao Jun, dare?"

Xie Feng taunted him, raising his chin to glower at the man in a challenging manner.

"You!!"

Xiao Jun's fist tightened. Although he wanted to retort the annoying man so much, he forced his anger down as he knew that he could never win against them in the matter of fist.

He may be a 2nd-ranked ability user just like them however, he was aware that his powers could never compare to these two freaks! Afterall, even though the Xie twin devils didn't come from the direct lineage, they were still descendants of the Xie's, and the Xie family's reputation as one of the 12 Grand Lineages wasn't there for nothing!

It was common knowledge that Xie descendants were especially strong when it came to the matter of Ice and Water-based abilities. It wasn't just a matter of technique but also innate talent that had been passed down throughout their superior bloodline.

In the first place, Zhang Mo had only agreed to their request since the two Xie devils were a rank lower than him. If they were of the same rank, even the more experienced and capable Zhang Mo wouldn't dare to guarantee his victory against them, moreover him, Xiao Jun, who was incredibly lacking in the area of frontal combat.

It was obvious that he still had a long way to go before being allowed into the battleground where mutants rampaged around without mercy.

Xiao Jun released his trembling fists, planning to revert his gaze and simply ignore them, treating the two as foul air when suddenly, his hand was pulled by Xie Yi who had been silently watching their banter at the sideline since the two's arrival.

"We dare. So, when are we starting?"

Xie Yi casually asked, pulling the dumbfounded Xiao Jun behind her.

Xiao Jun's current inner voice: 'Huh? Good sister, what trouble are you trying to stir? Please don't drag me into this matter, I beg you!'

Xie Yi ignored Xiao Jun's panicked eyes, crossing her hands across her chest in a solemn manner. After listening to their conversation, Xie Yi seemed to have understood what's going on between the two parties.

To put it straight, the Xie twin devils had sneakily made use of the loopholes in their word-based agreement to trick Zhang Mo into believing that special abilities will be barred from the match, therefore foolishly relying on the strength of his physique alone to face against the two.

What a dirty trick!

Xie Yi was incredibly unhappy with these two. If it was her in Zhang Mo's place, she would definitely fall into their tricks as well! And thus, Xie Yi wanted to seek revenge for the simple-minded and honest people like her and Zhang Mo.

"Oh, and who are you, pretty girl– Ouch!"

Xie Feng raised the corner of his lips to form a flirty smile, only to be harshly elbowed on the stomach by his sister Xie Ling who was irked by his frivolous behavior. Xie Ling took a step forward to take over.

"How about an hour from now? At the same previous place, the training ground's battle arena No 2. Are you okay with this arrangement?"

Xie Yi nodded, calmly saying, "It's fine. Wherever it is, it wouldn't make a difference."

"Great."

Xie Ling felt the ends of her mouth twitch, unsettled by how arrogant Xie Yi had sounded. She turned her heels to head towards the door with Xie Feng in tow, inwardly comforting herself not to think too much.

She would like to see if this arrogant girl could still maintain that confident front of hers after they one-sidedly crushed her in the battle arena.

After they left, Xiao Jun anxiously pulled at Xie Yi's sleeve, "X-Xie Yi, are you sure we can win against them? Although they were not descendants of the direct lineage, they still carry the superior Xie bloodline, ah!"

"But, I'm also a Xie." Xie Yi flatly stated.

Xiao Jun: "Oh, you're right! We'll be fine then."

An hour later, in battle arena no.2

The Xie twin devils: "Xie Feng, 2nd-ranked Ice-based ability user. Xie Ling, 2nd-ranked Water-based ability user, asking for your guidance."

Xie Yi: "Xie Yi, no special ability. Weapon, common-grade spear."

Xiao Jun: "..."

FUCK