One last Season

It was 21st May as Oscar walk down to McLaren garage, Max was somewhere with his team recording some content while in the other hand, Oscar was getting himself ready for the meeting regarding his leaving request.

That morning has been chaotic, he has received 3 missed call from Zak, 5 missed call from Andrea, 17 missed call from Lando, and 1 call from Lando.

he remember still being in his sleepy mind having to hear Lando scream and loud noise from over the phone..

***

"OSCAH! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE LEAVING?? WHAT- I MEAN THAT'S FINE BUT WHY DIDN'T YOH TELL ME??? UGH, WHY WOULD I KNOW THIS FROM AN URGENT MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT? OSCAHHH YOU NEED TO TELL M-"

and that rambling keeps going on until Lando realized Oscar was asleep all along while he complaint, so he hung up the phone after 20 minutes.

***

When he get close to the garage, he can see Lando with his usual backwards McLaren cap sitting with a coffee in front of the garage

Lando did not drink coffee.

"Oscar." oh wow, what happened now? Lando never called him Oscar, never bothered to correct his own accent.

"uh, yeah?"

"let's go drink some coffee yeah?"

Oh, he's mad mad.

"but- you- um, you don't drink coffee?"

"Oh really? because I'm pretty sure I was stuck in a universe where everyone do everything they probably wouldn't, which also include YOU leaving McLaren! What the fuck osc?!" Lando was now throwing his hand on the air, looking like a kid asking to be picked up.
With a coffee on his hand ofc.

"can we please talk about this inside?"
Oscar was now looking like a cat being kicked outside

"yeah, and we will. Don't you dare tryna change the topic!"

God, this is gonna be a long day.

***

"So?" They are now sitting in Lando's driver room, face to face.

"so.., I'm probably leaving next season?"

"What do you mean probably?"

"Well, I mean it depends on the meeting result.."

Then silence.

Oscar would pay anyone to get him out of the situation right now, really. Because it feels like all the guilt has started to appear in the room and watching all over him.

"Okay." Lando sigh

"..Okay?"

"I understand. I mean, I'm not mad if you leave if that's what you're worried about. Just- can you tell me the reason? the truth please, and after that then- I don't know. Maybe then I can let you go?"

Lando look like a kid who's lollipop just got stolen and Oscar just want to hug him and stay there forever

So, he open his arm awkwardly, and Lando takes it gracefully.