Chapter 1 - Getting Over It

7 days.

7 days since his best friend died.

Korumo Hyuga died while defending Naruto from a shinobi from Kumogakure. The ninja was after the Byakugan. He had come to the Hyuga main branch compound while Korumo was teaching Naruto how to walk up trees. Naruto just figured it out, and was at the top of the tree. He yelled, "Korumo I made it! Did you see?!" When he looked down and saw something that would change his life. He looked down and saw a Cloud shinobi on the ground with a pool of blood around him. Above that Cloud shinobi was Korumo. Korumo might have killed the attacker, but he had a sword through his chest, blood dripping all over. Naruto was paralyzed with fear. He just stared. He lost focus of his chakra and fell from the tree. He started to get dizzy after seeing his friends lifeless body on the ground. Korumo was his best friend. He was his mentor. He was the only person to acknowledge him. Seeing his lifeless body destroyed Naruto.

Naruto ran to the entrance of the main branch compound. He screamed, "Hyuga sama! Korumo is dead!" Hiashi Hyuga walked up to the entrance, "Korumo? He's a part of the side branch. Why would you care about him?" Naruto stared at him astonished. "A shinobi from Kumo came and killed him!" Hiashi frowned. "Did Korumo kill the other ninja?" Naruto had tears streaming down his cheeks. He look up to Hiashi and nodded."Well, that's his job isn't it? He's supposed to protect the main branch. It's good that he sacrificed himself for the sake of the main branch," Hiashi replied coldly. "Now that he's dead, you have no reason to be here. Leave." Naruto was still shocked from Hiashi's uncaring demeanor, and ran out the Hyuga compound, crying while running out.

Naruto ran into his house, went straight upstairs and slammed the door, and started sobbing on his bed. If only I was stronger. I could have protected him. He didn't have to die like that! Naruto went to his window and saw his mother and father training Kinato and Natsumi. If only they trained me as well. I could have protected Korumo! Why do mom and dad only care about Kinato and Natsumi? What did I do that made them not care about me? Maybe I'll ask them to train me as well tomorrow. I need to be as strong as possible so things like that can't happen again. I need to be stronger so I can protect people.

The next week, Naruto woke up before his siblings, and went downstairs. He saw his mom making breakfast, and his dad getting ready to start training. He walked up to Minato and asked, "Dad, can you and mom train me as well? I want to get strong too." Minato frowned and said, "Sorry Naruto, but we can't train you. We need to prioritize Kinato and Natsumi's training. I doubt that you could keep up with them. Maybe next time."

"Maybe next time."

Naruto hated those words. He had heard those words so many time he couldn't even count the amount of times his parents have said that to him. It was always Kinato this, Natsumi that, but never him. It had always been about them, since he could remember. They were triplets, so it had nothing to do with their age! He though of their 5th birthday. Both Kinato and Natsumi got dozens of presents from the villagers and clans. The sannin offered to train them when they got older. Meanwhile, Naruto didn't get anything. When he went to go and eat some cake, a lot of the people were whispering to each other. "Who is he?" "I thought Hokage sama only had two children." "What's he doing here?" Naruto was sick of not being acknowledged. The same thing was probably going to happen on their upcoming 7th birthday.

Naruto left the house muttering something under his breath. "Why did I even bother asking..." Minato looked over and asked, "What did you say?" "Oh, nothing father." Kushina looked over to Minato and he shrugged.

Naruto left the house and went to a training ground that not many people went to. He began to do some physical training. Pushups, curl-ups, squats, and running. He was training the whole day, reflecting on what happened with Korumo. He vowed to become the most powerful shinobi ever. After doing physical training, he started working on seals. His parents were the best seal masters in the world. They knew level 10 seals. He would have asked them, but they never agreed to help him. Naruto had complete mastery over the first few stages of sealing. he was onto level 6 sealing. Level 6 onwards, was much more difficult than the previous levels. He had mastered most of the seals on level 6, but there was one he had trouble with. He wanted to make gravity seals so he could train with more weight. He kept trying variations of the seal, but he couldn't make anything heavier then 20 kilograms. He had been training with the 20 kilograms weights, and they were getting too easy. He wanted to make 40 kilogram weights as that was the requirement to move to level 7 sealing. And, he could train with a bigger challenge. At the end of the day, he finally made a 40 kilogram gravity seal. He put them on his arms and legs, and starting running around in them to get used to them. After another 3 hours of training with the new weights, Naruto was completely exhausted. He started heading home to eat some dinner.

When he arrived home, Kinato stared at him and said, "Huh? Oh, Naruto." Kushina looked at Naruto with an annoyed face. "Where were you? Sit down and eat!" "I was training," Naruto said, while taking a seat. Minato looked at Naruto, interested. "Who's training you, Naruto?" "I train by myself," Naruto said, not looking up. Natsumi was suddenly interested. "You train by yourself?! Ha! Your always going to stay weak if no one trains you. You could ask mom or dad to train you." Naruto just continued to look down to his ramen, staring impassively. Kushina suddenly said, "Natsumi, don't be silly. Naruto can't train with us. You and Kinato are too strong. Naruto wouldn't be able to keep up!" "Your right on that one!" Kinato grinned. Naruto just finished his ramen, while thinking, I knew this was going to happen. They think I'm weak. That I'll never amount to anything. I'll show them.

While everyone was sleeping, Naruto grabbed some copying scrolls, and some storage scrolls. He had been training in the body flicker technique before then, and wanted to flicker into his fathers office to copy and store some scrolls and techniques, so he could learn them. Hopefully this works. He took a long breath and flickered.

He flickered into Minato's office. He quickly got to work. He starting copying a ton of scrolls. A few of them caught his eye. Rasengan, a A rank unfinished jutsu, with S rank potential. Flying Raijin, a jutsu that is used to instantly travel to a seal that you place. He knew these were his father's signature jutsu, but he didn't expect them to be in his office. He copied some more scrolls, until he say a large scroll. He opened it and saw that it was a copy of the Scroll of Seals. Naruto almost gasped, because he thought you couldn't copy it. He made a level 6 copying seal, and quickly retrieved one of his empty scrolls. He started working on copying the Scroll of Seals. After copying a couple more scrolls, he flickered back to his room. He put them all into a storage seal, and hid them in the back of his closet. The next morning, he got up and took a look at all of the scrolls he had copied. He knew there were some he needed to learn. Flying Raijin, Rasengan, Majestic Fire Annihilation, Earth Golem, and Twin Dragon Bullet were some of them. Of course he also need to learn everything on the Scroll of Seals. Anything on the Scroll of Seals was kinjutsu, forbidden techniques, as it could cause major distruction, harm allies, or harm oneself.

He got up, had breakfast, and went to the training ground. He took out some of the scrolls and started working on them. He tried doing some Earth jutsu to get some practice for the earth golem. He also tried doing some water jutsu as well. He also managed to do the technique preceding Majestic Fire Annihilation, Great Fire Annihilation. Although, he suspected that fire wasn't one of his affinities, as the jutsu used more chakra then it should have. He also managed to do a Water Dragon, and a Mud Statue. Naruto started to get distracted while he was thinking about how to start practicing the Flying Raijin. He wasn't paying and tried to do a water jutsu and an earth jutsu at the same time. When he did this, wood started coming out of the ground. This suddenly took Naruto's attention and he was shocked. He just did wood release. Wood release was unheard of since the first Hokage. He was immediately thinking of possibilities of wood release.

That was, until he noticed someone staring at the wood that he grew out of the ground.

"WHAT?!"

...