Chapter 13 - Land of Waves II

Naruto was already getting sick of putting up with his group's bullshit. Sasuke was spewing on about he was an Uchiha, and they should respect him more, and Hiruko kept on arguing with him, about how his clan was superior. Kinato kept on flirting and hitting on Sora, which annoyed Naruto especially. Sakura was talking about how Sasuke and Kinato were amazing, and Natsumi was always talking about random trivial things. That would have been fine, but she talked so loud, and she never shut up. The only people that weren't annoying him were his teammates. Rimara only spoke when she needed to, and when she made comments about their surroundings, which Naruto was thankful for. Sora wasn't as obnoxious as normal. She had stopped talking about how the Uchiha were superior, which, again, Naruto was thankful for. Naruto only really communicate when his teammates asked him questions. What Naruto thought was strange was Sora asking a lot of the questions. She asked about what jutsu he knew, and how she could improve herself.  Naruto thought this was weird because Sora wasn't the type of person to ask others for help. She had only asked for help three times after becoming a Genin. Twice when she asked Yugao for help with her kenjutsu, and now with Naruto.

Kinato kept on glaring at Naruto occasionally. He didn't like that Sora only really talked to Naruto. He felt as if it wasn't fair. He was the Hokage's son. Why wasn't she interested in him! He had never really like Naruto much, ever since he beat him during a spar in their second year at the academy, and he liked him even less after graduating from the academy, because he did better on the exam, and he got to be on Sora's team, which he thought wasn't fair. That didn't matter through he was still stronger then Naruto. Naruto was never trained by their parents, which meant he couldn't possibly be stronger than him. The fight with Zabuza was just a fluke! He wasn't weak at all.

Timeskip, the group gets to Tazuna's house.

Tsunami opened the door for her grandfather. She saw that the ninja he had hired to protect him, seemed like children, other than the three adults behind them. "Hello, grandfather. I see you brought the ninja over." She tilted her head to look at the ninja. "You all can come in. I'm sure the old man was annoying you all. I'll make you guys some lunch, I'm sure you're hungry." Tazuna scowled, and motioned for the Genin and their sensei to come into the house. While Tsunami was cooking food for them, Tazuna started talking about what was going on in Wave. He talked about how everyone in the main village were poor, because Gato taxed them all very heavily, and the civilians couldn't do anything about it. There were children on the streets, without parents, food, water, or shelter. All of the orphanages were completely full, so they couldn't support any more people. The group nodded in sadness, empathizing with the hopelessness and pain the people of Wave felt.

After Tazuna finished his talk, Tsunami had finished making the food, and everybody sat down at the dinner table. A young boy bounded down the stairs, and took a seat as well. He glared at the ninja, and looked as if he was about to cry. Kinato tilted his head up, and asked the boy, "Hey kid, are you ok?" The little boy glared at Kinato, and all the other ninja. "Shut up! Why are you all even trying to stop Gato! He's just going to kill you guys, like he did with everybody else. There's no point!" Kinato scowled and spoke "Kid, you shut up! I'm gonna stop Gato myself, so stop saying he's gonna kill us! I'm sure you're all talk!" The boy burst into tears, and through sobs, he spoke. "You wouldn't get it. You live your life so comfortably! You get everything you want, you don't have to struggle for anything. You're the Hokage's son as well! All of Wave is dying because of Gato, and you think you can stop him?" The boy ran back up the stairs, crying, without even finishing his food.

Tsunami frowned. "His name is Inari. He's my son. Don't mind him, he's been like that ever since his father figure died. Kaiza stood up to Gato, and everyone in the Land of Waves loved him. He took care of little Inari, and Inari had hope because of Kaiza. That was, until Gato captured him, and publicly executed him, to make an example out of him. Kinato hung his head in shame. Naruto raised an eyebrow, and finished off his food. "Tsunami-san, where is Inari's room?" Tsunami bit her lip. "It's the second door on the right." Naruto nodded, washed his dishes, and calmly walked up he stairs.