Chapter 4 - The Pain Behind the Eyes

The week had ended. Naruto and Sora were meeting to see who was the greater ninja. Naruto was actually pretty worried. He had practiced using his scythe, and he could use it fairly well, but it was still very awkward for him to use. He knew it would be harder to learn than a sword, but he wasn't expecting it to be that much harder. He knew he could beat Sora with taijutsu, and his ninjutsu was leagues better than hers, but he knew her kenjutsu would be much better than her kamajutsu, and the bet was to see whose weapon technique was better, after all. He just hoped his superior strength and speed could make up for it.

They met at the training ground and Sora was smirking at Naruto. Naruto had an expression that showed that he was unsure. About what, Sora didn't know. Naruto looked to her, "Look, learning a scythe is-" "No excuses! It's not my fault you chose a difficult weapon. Lets fight! Remember, no ninjutsu or genjutsu." Naruto groaned and sighed, "Ok... Are you ready then" Sora just grinned, and Naruto knew that answered his question. He rushed forward, not even having taken his weapon out. He grinned towards Sora, who grinned right back. Sora had her tanto out and when he was close, she slashed towards his shoulder. Naruto ducked, and grabbed the blade in his palms. He let go, and pushed himself away. Sora taunted, "What's wrong? You're can't use the weapon that you chose yourself?" Naruto just smirked in response, "Think that all you want!" as he ran in again. This time, Sora slashed downwards, and Naruto jumped over the slash in response.

Sora was annoyed. Naruto kept on dodging her strikes. He wasn't even attacking. Naruto landed behind Sora, and aimed a kick toward her temple. Sora blocked the kick with the hilt of her sword. Naruto grinned. This is what he wanted to happen. He quickly put that foot down and threw his other leg towards her shoulder. If she didn't want to be hit, Sora had to block the leg with her arm. Naruto quickly unsealed his scythe out of the storage seal on his wrist. The scythe appeared right in his hand. He swung it towards Sora's neck, with precision and speed. Sora yelped in fright and stumbled backwards into Naruto's chest. Naruto quickly unsealed his scythe and caught her. Her eyes were still wide with shock. Naruto, in a worried voice asked, "Are you alright?" Sora was breathing rapidly. "Y-y-yes..." As her breathing slowed down, Naruto sat her down on the bench, and set down next to her.

Sora was thinking so many things at the moment. She did not know why she was so scared earlier. She was an Uchiha! Uchiha do not show weakness. At least, that's what her dad said. Naruto was very worried. At the same time, he was a little disappointed. Did she really think that he would kill her? He thought of himself as trustworthy. Naruto looked towards Sora. "Did you seriously think I would have killed you?" Sora, with tears in her eyes, shook her head. Naruto was still worried. If she knew that he would not kill her, then why did she have this reaction? There had to be something deeper. He looked at Sora, "Has anything similar to this happened to you? Like, people you trust about to kill you?" Sora was thinking. There were many times things like this have happened. She started explaining to Naruto

Flashback

Sora was at the Uchiha compound. She was minding her own business, doing trivial things that she did all the time. She heard someone walk into her room. It was her father, Fugaku Uchiha. Fugaku had been disappointed in Sora. He did not want a daughter. He wanted strong sons to carry on the Uchiha name. Thankfully, when his wife, Mikoto, gave birth to twins, one of them was a son. Sasuke was Fugaku's pride and joy. He wasn't as smart as Sora, and definitely wasn't as prodigious as his older son, Itachi. It didn't matter though. Sora was a girl, and Itachi too virtuous to be an Uchiha. Uchiha were meant to be powerful fighters and leaders with little morals. Thankfully, Sasuke didn't go down the path of Itachi. Sasuke was a boy! He was easily manipulatable. Fugaku could turn Sasuke into a proud Uchiha clan head.

Unfortunately, Sasuke wasn't nearly as gifted as Itachi, or even Sora. That didn't matter though. With enough time and guidance under Fugaku, he could be even more powerful than Itachi. (fat chance lmao) With that being said, Fugaku wanted Sasuke to be able to practice against a real person. Sora wouldn't be able to do anything. She would be the perfect target for Sasuke. Fugaku look towards Sora. "Come with me. You will help Sasuke with his training." Before Sora could even respond, Fugaku grabbed her and flickered to the Uchiha training grounds.

Sora was completely traumatized after that day. Fugaku instructed Sasuke to attack Sora with the intent to kill. If it wasn't for Sora's reflexes, she would have been long dead. By the end of the day, she would be completely battered. Cuts, bruises, and scratches littered her body. Being used by a sentient punching bag was not good. She had to go through this many times a month. In fact, she would still be used in this way if it weren't for the fact that after 4 months of this treatment, her mother, Mikoto found out. Mikoto threatened to report what Fugaku was doing to the fourth Hokage. Fugaku was furious. He wasn't furious at anyone in particular. He was just angered that Sasuke wouldn't be able to practice against a person.

Flashback End

Naruto was in utter disbelief. He was furious with Fugaku. "So when I had the blade of my scythe near your neck, it brought back unwanted memories of that?" Sora just nodded. Sora was disappointed in herself. She needed to get past those past emotions. Just thinking about her father made her angry and sad. "Sora! Your... eyes! They changed!" Sora immediately stopped thinking and looked at Naruto seriously. "Really? Let me see my reflection." Naruto nodded and handed her a kunai. Sora looked into the reflection in the kunai and was shocked. Her eyes were red, and 2 black tomoe were lazily revolving around each of her pupils. "2 tomoe..." she whispered. Naruto knew about the Uchiha's famed dojutsu. He was confused because there were 2 tomoe. He knew Uchiha started off with 1 tomoe when they awaken the Sharingan.

"Why are there 2 tomoe instead of 1? I'm pretty sure you start off with 1." "I've already awakened the 1 tomoe a while back..." Naruto knew what she meant. She had awakened it because of the events of the past. "I've never been able to activate on command. It had always activated subconsciously." With that, the tomoe faded away and the crimson color shifted back to onyx black. Naruto was thinking of how he could help her activate it. "I don't know much about how the Sharingan works, but maybe you could try channeling chakra to your eyes?" Sora looked to Naruto and nodded. She closed her eyes, and reopened them with the 2 tomoe Sharingan shining in both eyes. "Sora, it worked!" Sora gasped and checked her reflection. She just stared at it. After a couple of seconds, she started laughing. "I'm so stupid. It was that simple!" Naruto just gave a small smile. "Well lets forget about this. Do you still want to train?" Sora grinned "Of course!"

2 Months Later

Naruto and Sora trained together everyday. They had gotten stronger everyday. Naruto also learned more wood style jutsus. He learned the Wood Dragon jutsu, Four-Pillar House jutsu, and his most taxing jutsu, the Branching Roots jutsu. (A/N: I made up the branching roots thing. basically its like a small scale deep forest emergence. its like an extension of the users body. they can use chakra from anywhere in the root system.) Sora also learned more jutsus. Her affinities were fire and wind. She learned two fire jutsus, Phoenix Fire Jutsu, and Great Fire Annihilation. She also learned 3 wind jutsus, Great Breakthrough, Vacuum Sphere, and Gale Palm. Sora further improved her taijutsu, and her genjutsu. She used her Sharingan to quickly learn new techniques. Naruto used a ton of clones to supercharge his training. He also managed to add earth release to a Rasengan. He called it, Earth Style: Shrapnel Rasengan. The Rasengan would explode into sharp rocks, that would act as shrapnel. Naruto adjusted the rotation of the Rasengan to make sure the shrapnel would only explode foreward.

Kinato and Natsumi's 7th birthday was in one day. Of course, it was Naruto's birthday as well, but his parents didn't realize that. The morning before the birthday, Naruto went up to his mother. "Kaa-san, can I invite someone to our birthday tomorrow?" His mother looked at him with a puzzled expression. "It's my birthday too, you know." Kushina sighed, but looked back at Naruto with a smile. "Of course. Who do you want to invite?" "I want to invite Sora Uchiha." Kushina frowned. She didn't know Naruto knew Fugaku and Mikoto's brat. "How do you know her?" "I've been training with her for the past two months. We train together every morning while you guys are training Kinato and Natsumi." Kushina felt a pang of guilt when he said the last part. "Sure you can let your little friend come." Kushina wanted to meet the person her son was training with.

...

Naruto's Jutsu Arsenal

Water Style - Water Bullet Jutsu
Water Style - Water Wall
Water Style - Water Dragon Bullet
Water Style - Double Water Dragon Jutsu
Earth Style - Mud Wall
Earth Style - Earth Golem
Earth Style - Rock Bullet Jutsu
Earth Style - Headhunter Jutsu
Earth Style - Shrapnel Rasengan
Wood Style - Wood Clone Jutsu
Wood Style - Binding Branches
Wood Style - Wood Dome Jutsu
Wood Style - Wood Dragon Jutsu
Wood Style - Four-Pillar House Jutsu
Wood Style - Branching Roots Justu
Lightning Style - Electromagnetic Murder
Lightning Style - High Voltage
Lightning Style - Electric Paralysis Jutsu
Lightning Style - Lightning Bolt Jutsu

...