Chapter 7: Mutant Mayhem

"Now that you know what secret weapon lies in TechHaven, how about we head over to my place?" Justin suggested after we finished marveling Destructorbot. "Sure thing, perhaps after we grab something to eat. I'm starving." Zach groaned as his stomach rumbled. "Yeah, I agree with Zach. I'm starving. Could really grab some ramen right now." I validated what Zach said, as my stomach rumbling, as if begging me for food. "Well, if you two are craving for Ramen so much, I do happen to know a famous restaurant here that makes good ramen!" Justin replied enthusiastically. "And let me guess. It's runned by robots?" I quipped.  "Ha ha ha ha! You're absolutely right, Jack, The restaurant is called: RoboRamen." Justin chuckled in reply. RoboRamen...hmm, the name of the restaurant kinda sounds....intriguing. "Well okay then! Let's go to RoboRamen!" I exclaimed. 

RoboRamen was not too far away from where we were. Traveling there only took a few minutes or so. As we entered, my nose was assaulted by the aroma of ramen. The restaurant was packed with many customers, each crowded around a large counter table, placing their orders to a bunch of robot chefs, wearing chef hats. We sat around the counter table and waited for one of the robots to take our orders. "Irasshaimase. May I take your order?" The robot chef asked as we took our seats. Justin looked at the robot chef, then back at the two of us. "What do you guys want?" Justin asked. "Uhhhh....what ramen is famous here?" I asked back. Justin took a while to think, then replied. "Don't worry, I got this." He looked back at the robot chef and smiled, replying: "3 bowls of Tonkotsu Ramen, please." The Robot Chef nodded his head, and replied: "3 bowls of Tonkotsu Ramen, coming right up." With that, the Robot Chef returned to it's duty, grabbing a large bowl and cooking the noodles. I watched in awe as the Robot Chef skillfully cooked the 3 dishes, and skillfully chopping slices of chashu for each bowl.  "Here you go, sir. 3 bowls of Tonkotsu Ramen." The Robot Chef announced, slowly shoving the 3 bowls towards us. My eyes widened and my mouth drooled as I looked at the quality of the Ramen. That creamy broth, tender chashu, springy noodles, topped with vibrant green onions and a perfectly soft-boiled egg just simply looked spectacular and not to mention, the aroma it gives off. Simply mouth watering. "Welp, here goes nothing, itadakimas..." Justin mumbled to himself as he digged in. "Itadakimas..." I mumbled as well as I twisted a portion of Ramen with my chopstick, and into my mouth it went. Ho-ly shit. The tenderness of the chashu and the noodle assaulted my taste buds, making me crave for more. "Mmm! This is so good!" I exclaimed. "I know, right? Told you this place sells some of the best Ramen!" Justin replied back, chuckling at my comment.

"I see that you 3 are enjoying your meal. From 1 to 10, please rate the quality of your meal." The robot chef offered, observing us as we devoured the bowls of Ramen like a pack of hungry wolves. "You know what? This Ramen is so good, I will rate this a solid 10! Awesome work here, my robot friend!" I declared out loud, satisfied by the good food. A  red " :D" face appeared from the visor of the robot chef, expressing that he's happy with the reply. "I appreciate your kind words, sir. Please come back anytime." The robot chef replied in a rather robotic, but happy tone (since he's a robot obviously, lol). "So, who's paying the bills?" Zach asked, as he finished his bowl of ramen. "Meal's on me, so I guess I'll pay." Justin replied. "Wait, hold on, why not WE all pay a portion to add up to the price? Sounds fair to me." I suggested. "Huh? You sure about this, Jack? I was the one who suggested this place!" Justin questioned me, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, but I kinda feel bad about pushing the burden of paying to you..." I replied back, lowering my head. "No! No, of course not, silly! I mean, yes, I gotta pay up for the bills, which is 40 gold coins, but hey, it's no big deal, so long I am paying for the meal for you all." Justin shrugs. The Robot Chef looked at us. "So what will it be?" The robot chef asked. We looked at the robot chef, then looked back at Justin. Justin sighed and replied: "I'll be the one paying." With that, the bill was paid, and we left, satisfied. "That was a great meal, huh? Come on, now let's go to my place." Justin smiled, taking the lead again.