10:05pm

Jayden walked down the hallway in his dorm with Martin, Robin and Chloe walking behind him quietly. Although he hadn't said a word, they could tell that he was angry and could snap at any moment.

Jayden suddenly stopped and they stopped as well
" Chloe" he muttered trying to control his anger. Chloe stepped forward " Your highness" she answered.
" Stay away from that girl" Jayden gritted out. They were all now alarmed.
" But Jayden....." Chloe tried to protest.
" Stay away from her" Jayden yelled in rage as he turned to face them, his eyes bloodred

Seeing him like that, they all stepped backward.
" Jayden calm down" Robin spoke calmly only to receive a glare from Jayden.
" We all understand... But if you could explain a bit more..." Martin trailed off as Jayden's angry stare was now directed at him.
" Have I made myself clear?" Jayden asked rather calmly even though he was angry.

They all nodded. He turned and walked on leaving them in confusion.

* * *

     Kayla sat on the chair in her room writing about what has been going on in her life recently into her journal. She wrote about how she felt. She felt tears at the back of her eyes but didn't want to cry. She had thought Jayden would be nice to her, maybe take her side but she was stupid to think someone like him would take her side over his friends.

He wasn't capable of being nice, he's just a manipulating jerk. She found herself writing more aggressively as the tears she had been holding back now clouded her eyes.

He acted like she was different, talked nicely to her and pretended to care about her. He probably was just playing with her. Besides that's what he did best according to everything she's heard.

How could she have allowed herself to start getting friendly with him. ' Fuck him' she thought.
Tears finally rolling down her cheeks
' I hate him, I hate him so much' she screamed in her head. She dropped her pen on the book aggressively and started wiping her tears with her hands with same aggressiveness.

     She couldn't cry because of him, he wasn't even important. Why was she even crying because of him? No. She was crying because she lost her friends.

Not too long after, it was evening. Kayla had fallen asleep on her desk. She opened her eyes and the time was 6:20pm. She got up and put her hair in a bun while standing in front of the mirror. She looked like a total mess, she looked almost liveless.

She'll start afresh, find new friends who would stay with her whether she got into trouble or not or maybe it was best to be without friends. She wore jeans, took her phone and some money. Wore a t-shirt, not a baggy one.

She headed out and of course got a few stares here and there. She ignored them and went to the cafeteria. She spotted Riya, Stella and Max seated as they talked
' They're probably happy they've gone back to how they used to be. I've only been a burden' she thought then walked to a table with three chairs around it.

The table was far from that of her ex friends, she got her food and started eating. She would start afresh, she told herself.

     Once she was done eating, she left. She decided to visit the library. Maybe read a novel, that way she might forget everything. She entered and sat alone reading, and slept off again.

When she woke up, the time was 10:05pm.
" Shit" she cursed and immediately stood up. What would she do now? How was she to go back to her dorm? If they find her, she'll be punished. Night guards had already started patrolling the school.

She slowly came out of the library, her heart beating loudly and aggressively. She tiptoed looking around, still very far away from her dorm.
She saw a guard ahead and she paused. He turned about pointing his torch on her, she knew she was doomed already, but then a hand pulled her into a corner and held her against the wall covering her mouth so she wouldn't scream.

Her eyes were wide with shock and fear. Her nerves calmed a little seeing that it was Jayden. She stared at him as he stared back into her eyes. For a moment she forgot she was supposed to hate him. But once her mind settled she tried shoving him off but his grip on her was firm.

After what felt like years to Kayla but was actually just about a minute. Jayden withdrew from her
" Wait here" he said and walked away but came back after a very short time
" You can go now. They're all out of the way" He said.

Kayla just stared at him. How could he be so sure? Did he always stay out and had learnt their routine or what? Well, she didn't care, she just didn't want to be anywhere near him. Even if she gets caught out tonight. Staying away from Jayden was the goal.

She turned and hurried off and soon went into a race not looking back at all.

Jayden stepped out of the corner  watching her run off into the distance. He knew she was angry and hated him maybe, but he couldn't get himself to stay away from her even when he wanted to. He wasn't happy knowing she might despise him, but all he knew was that he wanted her and he would get her.

He would make sure to keep everyone away from her and protect her as much as he could. Even though there would be problems ahead.

   Jayden could read minds but unable to read Kayla's mind, he's tried a few times but it never worked. It ached him because most times he wanted to know what she was thinking but for some strange reason, he couldn't. It annoyed him. He knew the problem came from him. He was the reason he couldn't break into her thoughts, his weird feelings for her blocked him from being able to invade her thoughts and it angered him everytime.

He badly wanted to know what was on her mind, but it seemed impossible. Though he could read her body language and facial expressions as she did a bad job at trying to hide those. She was just too obvious, but yet. He wasn't satisfied with that.

Initially I wanted to tittle this book " Two different worlds" but I just felt it was too long and not giving what I wanted it to give. So I just named it              " Possessive prince" instead. Just thought I should tell you guys

Please..... Vote & Comment 💐