Beloved

" Kayla, could we meet later at the library to maybe... Read?" Max asked expectantly and Kayla smiled widely.
" What are we reading?" She asked
" Whatever you'd like" he answered leaning closer. Kayla nodded.
" What time?"
" 6pm. You're good with that?" He asked and Kayla nodded again.

" Want me to walk you to your dorm?" Max asked
" No. I'm good, besides I want to stop by somewhere" she lied. She knew she'd have to meet Jayden but she couldn't tell that to Max. Max nodded and waved her goodbye before walking away.

When Kayla finally turned around, she saw Jayden standing not too far away. He stared directly at her and he didn't look happy at all. She could easily tell why.

She contemplated going over to him because there were a lot of people around. And while she was still thinking, Jayden walked to her instead. He stood in front of her. She tried telling him they were in public but Jayden didn't care about the people.

" You're going out with him?" He asked. Most of the students were watching but they knew better than to stand around making it obvious. Kayla knew the school's platform would be filled with a lot of gossip later today.
" We're just going to read" Kayla said dropping her gaze.

Jayden didn't like that she was avoiding his eyes while she stared straight into Max's eyes. He took one of her hand in his
" Please look at me" he said almost pleading. Kayla looked up at him.

Jayden's eyes fell to her lips and immediately he felt the urge to kiss her. When Kayla noticed he was staring at her lips, she bowed her head slightly.
" Jayden.. please let's leave here" she whispered. He sighed, knowing she wasn't comfortable with the amount of stares they were getting, he took her hand and walked away with her.

.....

   Later that day, Max sat at a corner in the library alone, waiting for Kayla. The time was 6:05 pm. He hoped Kayla did not forget about their meeting. And thankfully, she didn't. Kayla climbed to the second floor and saw Max. He looked at her and waved with a smile. She smiled back and hurried to him, then sat on the chair opposite him.

"Hey... So... I'm sorry I'm late" she apologized.
" It's fine. I haven't been here for long" Max said and placed his hands on the table clasping them together.
" So... " Kayla was saying but Max interrupted
" What do you want to read? Go ahead and choose" Max said.

With a nod and a small smile, Kayla stood up and walked towards the shelves looking and softly touching them one after the other while Max just sat there watching her. Once Kayla was done, she walked back to Max with two books and took her seat again.

" Here they are" she said and Max took a quick glance at them before looking at Kayla's face.
" Cool choices" he said and paused as Jayden walked to them. Jayden's eyes were fixed on Max.
" Mind if I join you guys?" Jayden asked.

Max was speechless as he looked at Jayden. He couldn't understand his sudden statement but he guessed it was because of Kayla. Kayla on the other hand just remained silent.

    Jayden noticed that both of them were not going to reply.
" I'll take that as a yes" he said and sat by Kayla. He folded his arms across his chest not removing his eyes from Max. He badly wanted to get rid of Max for good but he couldn't since the girl he had fallen for didn't want him to.

Max and Kayla were still stiff. Kayla kept her eyes down while Max was staring at the table and shifting uncomfortably.  Jayden looked at Kayla
" You guys are no longer studying" he stated with a smirk. Kayla looked at him

Why did he have to come here. He couldn't be that jealous right?. She looked at Max.
" Um Max?" Kayla called softly and Max quickly raised his face to look at her.
" Could we do this some other time please?" Kayla asy smiling at Max.

Jayden hated the fact that she was smiling at Max. Max nodded at Kayla in understanding. Just immediately, Kayla stood up, grabbed Jayden by the arm and walked out pulling him along and of course Jayden followed her.

Max's eyes widened in shock
Kayla must have gotten really close to him for her to pull him like that.  Max thought.

...

      Kayla pulled Jayden along with her down the stairs and the people in the library all turned to look at them. They were stunned by what they were seeing. Kayla who quickly noticed, let go of Jayden awkwardly and tried walking away but Jayden held her back. He looked at at some of the people staring  and they quickly looked away, not wanting to be recognized.

He took Kayla by her wrist and walked into the darkroom with her. Once they were in, he turned on the light and then locked the door.

" What are you doing?" Kayla asked a little scared as she stepped back. Jayden looked at her still frowning. He led her to a bench and made her sit on it, then he squatted in front of her and placed his hands on her laps staring at her face

" Do you like Max?" Jayden asked seriously, causing Kayla to look at him in confusion
" Of course I do. He's my friend" She answered, although she knew what he actually meant. She didn't want him to feel too relaxed.
" Kayla" Jayden called softly.
" You know what I'm talking about" he said. He sounded impatient .

Kayla didn't want him to get angry, who knew what he'd do to her. Even tho he had assured her that he wouldn't hurt her, she couldn't completely trust him. He was a vampire and might loose control of himself. She sighed
" No. I don't like him in that sense" she mumbled and
" Good" was Jayden's response.

" Don't smile at him then" Jayden added. He looked dead serious but Kayla couldn't help but burst out into laughter.
" Are you being serious right now?" Kayla asked in-between laughter but Jayden just furrowed his eyebrows watching her.

When she noticed that he wasn't amused at all, she stopped laughing and stared at him.
" You don't have to be so Possessive. If you continue acting like this. It would be difficult for me to accept you as my boyfriend" she grumbled. Jayden stood up placing his hands on the seat at each sides of Kayla making her be in-between his hands

He brought his face closer to hers but Kayla leaned backward staring at him
" Good to know that you're considering being my girlfriend. But actually, I've already taken you as my beloved" he said and Kayla's lips parted at the word. BELOVED.

Sorry for the late update 😁 Bear with me.

Do y'all think Jayden is too jealous or this is okay.

Please comment on this chapter and don't forget to vote.