Chapter 1

I woke up at the shouting of my mother at the top of her lungs.

"Get up ,you satan ( author's note:that's how I am called.So peace ),go draw the Kolam outside,if you don't do it now ,your in laws in the future will cuss at me for your bad upbringing"She said while I took the the broom stick in my hand and started cleaning outside.

My mom never beats me but does everything which would collapse my mental peace without knowledge.

I sighed ,continued sweeping the floor.

My mother's father was abusive to her it seems.It seemed that he never wanted her.His only problem was how they were going to marry off a dark woman aka my mother.My mother's father who did double degrees even in the 70s was super proud...or headweighted.He never listened to the women of the house and did whatever he wanted and henceforth,he did suicide.He also lost his younger son whom he dearly loved.He was narcissistic and thought the works is in his hands just because he did double degree.

Double standards

My mom is not any better than him.He had beaten her and she just doesn't beat me .Thats the only difference.My brother was sent to tuitions in his 12th std whereas I was not.She told me that "if you wanna get into a college , study .we are not going to put any money on you".My brother did his masters abroad and when he started actually working,he was nearing his 30 which is expired age according to Indian society.when I was in twelfth std,they always bickered on how to get my brother married as he is 30 and not a pale skinned person.
They also paid the debt for studies which had to be paid by my mother.I always felt that we both are being treated different in education.He never done any household chores when he was at home whereas my mother made me wash utensils and wash my own clothes.

I am not complaining.I am just saying that she could have done the same to him.

Nevertheless,she put me in dance class,singing class.My brother was not sent to any extra curricular activities.When my tenth mark came ,I was quite happy because I was on top 5.But I didn't quite satisfy her.
I don't think anything would satisfy her and I stopped trying to achieve their expectations now cause it is useless and tiring.We went to the school to get mark list and a girl asked me how much I scored.I was 4 percent higher than her and she gave me an embarrassing smile and tiger mom shot doggers at me.We sat on the bench.

"See there,mom ,her mother is scolding her for getting low percentage"I said with utmost concern.The girl was crying and I couldn't just digest the scene.

"Yeah same goes for your mark.You didn't do exceptionally great.I am just putting on a smile to compress my anger on you in here"She said,smiling.

And that's when I know my mother is as cruel as her father in her own way....