Chapter 5

I guess all the dark skinned people in india would have experienced colourism atleast once in their lifetime.We are not happy with what we have and hence, we strive to go things which are not going to bring any joy.We are not embracing the things that we are gifted with and the surroundings make us compare ourselves with others whom we THINK are better than us.

"Students,I want you to give your names in if you are interested  for the annual day "The teacher announced.The girls faces' screamed joy and started enquiring about the annual day.A dark skinned girl stood up from her seat and strolled towards her teacher.

"Mam,I would like to give my name for dancing"

"What,sreethana?you?"The teacher asked as she scanned the little girl from head to toe and gave a disgusted look.The little girl died within...She couldn't appreciate the way her teacher glared at her.Before the teacher could say things to make her nasty behaviour as nothing,sreethana strided out of the classroom,tears pouring out of her eyes.

Another incident happened in my mother's life....

"Thank goodness.You were not born dark.I am happy that you are gene-d with your father's skin tone"She said ,giving a tight smile.

The smile expressed disappointment in the society and agony.

Not only this,when my family was in the hunt for a bride,we were sent a girl's pic who did medicine in AIIMS and my brother half heatedly accepted to marry her and then denied marrying her saying that their interests didn't not go well with each other...

If I were a man and got to about someone who studied in damn AIIMS,I would sweep off her feat.
But this guy...denied her cause she was dark when he ,himself ,is dark....

The irony.....

Another incident is that my father married my mother as she was rich and did not care about her dark appearance and started treated her like shit after marriage.His shitty behaviour is also due to the fact that our relatives commented about her appearance.

I wonder how I would have been treated if I were born a little dark skintonned...

_______________

You guys are demotivating by not giving a single vote....🫠🫠🫠

I am not sad