Chapter 2

"No husband living on this earth would not oppose his wife from getting to know his salary.It has been 22fucking years yet I don't know how much you get.You always put your salary on your mother.You have a freaking family"My mother shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Bitch"My father muttered under his breath.

"This is fucking why I don't come to this house"He said,marching out of the house.

I was a child when this incident happened.Being my child self,I only knew to cry and try to stop them from fighting.

But which parent actually listens to their children's talk and care to listen to their words?Certainly not mine.
But being a teenager now,I stopped caring about their shoutings and never indulge myself in their fights.It not only gives me a headache but also gives me no peace.
My father comes home once in a week since he had purposefully got transferred to a different city.He just wouldn't like to talk to my mom.

He doesn't like her.

They could have divorced but since  the divorce rates were so low those periods,they were not able to.Even now women are afraid to get divorced when they are clearly not happy in their marriage life due to our shitty Indian society.I am damn sure if my parents were given a choice to part away ,they would have accepted in no time.My mom once told me that she would have rather become a nun than being with my father.She really came from one hell (her mother's house) to another hell (my father's house).She and my aunt are not really in good terms.She did not like my mother as my mother was a heavy woman and dark skinned.My father was ditched by the relatives since he married her because of her wealth.

Even arrange marriages don't work.

When I asked my mom why she didn't move to her parents' house after knowing the fact they didn't like each other,she said "I would rather be in this hell rather than being in that hell".
I was heartwrenched.Nevertheless ,she also had issues with her parents.

But she is not any different from her father,is she?

Hypocrites that's what I think.