Chapter 17 Involved them

"Jade, do you have something to say to me?"

  Seeing Jade's troubled face, Shen Qingtang became anxious for her.

  Moreover, the overall atmosphere of Lan Yue Palace today is very sluggish.

  Jade nodded and said hesitantly: "General Lu..."

  "What's wrong with him?" Shen Qingtang asked.

  Wasn't he fine before?

  Could it be that the old man Shen Tianming suddenly realized his conscience and removed Lu Jiu'an?
  "General Lu failed to protect the fourth princess, which put you in danger. You were whipped by the emperor, and you are currently recuperating in the mansion."

  Huh?
  That little milk dog, no, the big wolf dog was given a caning?
  How severe of a punishment would it take for him to go back to recuperate?

  Shen Qingtang's hand unconsciously tightened the tail of the little white cat, and Shen Qingtang felt a little depressed.

  Not only did she fail to escape, but she also caused Lu Jiu'an to be punished.

  Jade lowered her head and added aggrievedly: "Even the slaves were fined a year's salary."

  Jade was indignant in his heart. It was really miserable for them as servants. It was obviously the assassin's fault, why should they be punished? Are they the ones being punished?
  Moreover, the fourth princess disappeared while taking a bath. What can they do?
  Shen Qingtang opened his eyes slightly.

  What? Was fined a year's salary?

  Doesn't that mean working for nothing for a year? Who can bear this?

  No wonder the entire palace maids and guards in the Moon Palace were in a very low mood.

  Shen Qingtang blamed herself in her heart. It was because of her escape that they were punished.

  One person works and one person is responsible. The palace maids and guards are all hers, and she has to protect them.

  "Change clothes and go to Fengluan Hall."

  When Shen Qingtang arrived at Fengluan Hall, Mu Wan was explaining things to the palace maid.

  "Tang'er, why are you here?" Mu Wan looked surprised. Didn't Shen Qingtang not want to talk to her?

  "Mother, I have something to ask you." Shen Qingtang walked up to Mu Wan.

  "What's the matter?" Mu Wan waved her hand to the palace maids, asking them to go down first.

  Shen Qingtang got straight to the point.

  "Mother, I heard that the maids and guards in my palace were fined a year's salary. Can you cancel their punishment?"

  It turned out that it was because of this incident. Mu Wan explained: "Qingtang, they protect You should have been punished because of your incompetence." "

  When you were held hostage by the assassins, the queen mother was so frightened that she still has lingering fears. How can we not punish them?" "

  And the queen mother is in charge. The entire harem should have clear rewards and punishments, otherwise how can we convince everyone?"

  Shen Qingtang sneered in his heart.

  [Tsk, are you the only one who still distinguishes rewards and punishments? ]

  [Shen Muxin has done so many wrong things, but you haven't punished her yet. 】

  【Hypocrisy. ]

  Shen Qingtang smiled and defended: "Queen Mother, this matter is not their fault."

  [After all, I ran away on my own initiative and was caught by the assassin. 】

  【It's too miserable for them to have a master like me. 】

  【Nothing I can say can harm them. 】

  "I was caught by the assassin accidentally."

  "The palace maids and guards have worked hard for a year, and in the end they got nothing. This is too miserable."

  "Mother, if you want to punish me, punish me Come on, don't punish them."

  Shen Qingtang was very loyal, Jade looked touched when she heard this, the fourth princess was so kind to them!
  [If you really disagree, then I will have to spend my own money to pay them their salaries. 】

  Mu Wan's eyes flashed with a hint of astonishment.

  It turned out that Shen Qingtang went out on purpose and was caught by the assassin?   

  Why is she doing this?
  Mu Wan suddenly remembered something Shen Qingtang often said. Did she do this to leave the palace?
  Mu Wan suddenly became a little angry. She had been worried about Shen Qingtang for so long, but she didn't expect that Shen Qingtang did this on purpose!
  Her worry was a joke.

  "No, they must be punished." Mu Wan's tone became stiff.

  Shen Qingtang:? ? ?

  [Okay, okay, let's play like this, okay! ]

  [I originally wanted to save more money, but now I can only spend some money to go out. 】

  "Since the queen mother disagrees, forget it." Shen Qingtang turned to Jade and said, "Jade, I will use my own money to pay you a salary."

  Jade's eyes sparkled, "Thank you, Fourth Princess!"

  Fourth Princess, You are so interesting!
  "Mom, there is one more thing. I heard that General Lu was whipped by my father. I want to go to the palace to see him."

  Shen Qingtang's eyes were firm and his tone could not be refused.

  "General Lu is my bodyguard. It shouldn't be a problem for me to take care of the bodyguard who was punished because of me, right?" "

  The queen won't even agree to such a small request of mine, right?"

  [Although I hate Lu Jiu'an's surveillance Me, but I really feel sorry for him about this matter. 】

  Everyone knows that Lu Jiu'an was ordered to protect Shen Qingtang.

  Now that Lu Jiu'an is being punished for failing to protect him, there is nothing wrong with Shen Qingtang going to see him.

  What's more, Mu Wan now knows that Shen Qingtang fell into the hands of assassins on purpose. She also feels that Lu Jiu'an was a little unjust, but the punishment has been carried out and cannot be withdrawn.

  Mu Wan nodded: "Okay, you go ahead."

  Shen Qingtang had a strong opinion of her, and she couldn't push Shen Qingtang too hard.

  In order to prevent Shen Qingtang from escaping, Mu Wan sent a large group of guards to leave the palace with Shen Qingtang.

  The ostentation was so huge that people in the Lu family were frightened into thinking that they had committed some serious crime.

  Hearing that it was the fourth princess who came to visit General Lu, everyone in the Lu family got very excited.

  Shen Qingtang was greeted by a beautiful and kind-hearted woman, whose facial features were somewhat similar to Lu Jiu'an's.

  Shen Qingtang guessed that this person should be Lu Jiu'an's mother Shang Shijin.

  Lu Jiu'an's father, Lu Yu, was a general who controlled the country. He made great military exploits and was named the Marquis of Yongyi.

  Lu Yu died of illness two years ago, and Lu Jiu'an inherited his father's title as his legitimate son.

  The Lu family has a single lineage, and now only Shang Shijin and Lu Jiu'an, mother and son, are left.

  "My wife pays homage to the fourth princess." Shang Shijin saluted respectfully.

  "Mrs. Lu, no courtesy."

  Shen Qingtang looked at the gentle and beautiful woman in front of him and sighed slightly in his heart.

  Mrs. Lu is also dying soon.

  Shang Shijin took Shen Qingtang and others to the mansion.

  "Fourth princess, please move to the main hall. I will send someone to call An'er out right now."

  Shen Qingtang raised her hand to stop: "No need, Mrs. Lu. General Lu is seriously injured. I'd better go visit him in person."

  Lu Jiu'an is not a person. For a weak person to be allowed to stay in the house to recuperate, it means that he is indeed seriously injured.

  Shang Shijin's eyes were hesitant. The fourth princess had a distinguished status, so it was good enough for her to come and visit Jiu An. She must not be ignorant of etiquette.

  But when he thought of Lu Jiu'an's injuries, Shang Shijin still couldn't bear to let his son get out of bed and move around.

  At this moment, maternal love defeated reason. Regardless of etiquette, the body of her son was more important.

  From what she saw, the fourth princess was not the kind of person who cared about everything.

  Shang Shijin smiled and nodded: "Thank you, Fourth Princess, for your consideration."