𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 1- 𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓮𝓭

Author's POV

The hands of the clock dragged painfully slowly as the man dressed in the uniform kept looking at it in dread. A lone layer of sweat dripped down his forehead as his eyes kept darting between his superior, who was smirking at the woman sitting in front of him, unknown to the catastrophe he was bringing upon himself. He silently prayed for his job to be spared as the blank eyes of the elegantly dressed female were terrifying him.

He got a silent attack when the subject of his fear raised the leg bent over the other and kept it on the dark wooden table in front of her, shaking the souls of every damn person present in the room. The other leg followed as she tangled her feet together, pointing her heels straight at the face of the earlier smirking and now raging superior. The man of authority stood up, pushing back his chair as he yelled, "First you committed the crime of beating your employee and now you dare to disrespect the officer-in-charge of the most reputed police station of the city. Now I will see how you get bailed till Monday"

In response to his crude words and the badly beaten employee's meaningless grimace, she yawned. Sipping from her coffee tumbler, she looked at her shivering assistant as she asked, "Would the man be tired by now?"

"Yes ma'am. I called and confirmed two minutes back. He left after waiting for three hours at the rendezvous," the assistant confirmed, making her sigh.

"Though I don't feel like leaving this comfortable chair, I don't like screeching men. Let's go. I am bored," She said before standing up abruptly while 'mistakenly' throwing down the stuff kept on the lavish table.

"You know what? I was going easy on you, considering you are a woman. Now I will show the world how cheap exactly the infamous Reeva Singhania is. By tomorrow, every newspaper will be talking about your inhumanity. I will expose you," The inspector threatened.

"78541266**," Reeva said as she walked towards the inspector while he looked at her, confused.

"Note it down. This is the number of the editor of the best media agency in the country. Go ahead and try," Reeva answered his unasked question. Wanting to show her his power, he went ahead and dialed the number. He was sure that the paparazzi hungry for gossip would immediately consider this piece of information and break Reeva Singhania's soaring attitude.

"Hello, National News Agency. I have information against Reeva Singhania" He suddenly heard the line go dead as the other person kept the phone hurriedly as if it had burnt her. The inspector looked at his phone, irritated.

"She cut the call? No worries. She might be someone who gets intimidated easily. My secretary will provide you with the list of contacts of the most renowned agencies who can help you fulfill your purpose," Reeva said, looking at her nails. The assistant, Aadhya Bharadwaj, immediately forwarded him her iPad showing the said list.

The inspector refused to spare the assistant as he called his friend in the local media channel whom he could trust, unlike Reeva's list.

He dialed the number with a nasty smirk while Reeva smiled at his bravery and gave him a thumbs up. He immediately returned to his job with a confused face as the woman in front of him stood unfazed. As soon as he told his friend the news he said, "Bakshi, You are a shame in the name of a friend. Log dushman ko bhi maut ke kuye mein nahi daalte tu mujhe phek raha hai. Dobara call mat kariyo (People don't do this with enemies while you are pushing me into the mouth of death. Never call me again)"

Reeva looked at him with all the pity gathered in her eyes as she said, "No worries you have the entire night to go ahead and call all your friends but unfortunately I can't bless you with more of my presence as my purpose over here is solved"