𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 9: 𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓞𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓮

Surprise surprise! 

The target got completed so the next update is here. It's unedited and I wrote it when I was in a super good mood. Read at your own risk *wink*

*Unedited*

Happy Reading!

Riya Siddarth Roy's sharp eyes followed the movements of her son as he left her daughter-in-law baffled by his stealth

Riya Siddarth Roy's sharp eyes followed the movements of her son as he left her daughter-in-law baffled by his stealth. She saw her looking at her heels and failed to contain her smile as she knew Reeva might be tempted to throw her heels on her son for his unabashed romantic gesture. What clawed at her heart was the pace of his movements. She knew Roy men didn't treat their women like queens; they treated them like their fucking heartbeats. However, they weren't the ones who wore their hearts on their sleeves and the word welcoming didn't support them at all.

When the world called her son cold, she embraced it with a warm smile because she knew he kept his heart closed in an ice box, not giving people a glimpse of what was hidden inside. His warmth was limited to his family. She didn't understand how he let Reeva barge through the walls he had created like she always belonged there. She didn't know how he treated their accidental marriage so casually instead of raining destruction upon the person who drugged him. There was no indifference for Reeva in his behavior even though before marriage they shared no close bond. Something was terribly wrong. Something was being kept from her and she was going to get it out of her son.

Riya went ahead and sat in her room after calling out for Aditya. They needed to have this pending discussion right away. Aditya entered her room and seeing the impassive face of his mother he knew his mother wasn't going to let go this time.

"Did you ever love Eva?" Riya asked her son sternly. Instead of answering directly, he went and sat on the floor beside her feet and kept his head in her lap. Riya couldn't control herself from unfolding her hands from her chest and caressing his hair softly. She heard him sigh and she shook her head with a soft smile. After what happened years back her son kept so much to himself, but she knew he relied on her more than others.

"I never said I did, Mom" he shrugged, making her roll her eyes.

"Why did you agree to marry her, then?" Riya asked.

"When have I ever said no to you?" Aditya asked, turning it all on her. It was a fact though. Riya glared down at him while he cheekily smiled at his mother. God! She needed to have better control of her emotions because she melted too soon in front of her son.

"So you were going to marry her because of the promise? Where did you go all those nights then?" Siya had told her that he used to go out to Eva's place. Her son took from his father and they both believe in intimacy that comes along with emotional connections.

"Are you sad, Mom, that you were unable to fulfill your promise?" He asked instead of answering. She knew he wasn't going to answer as he changed the topic.