[19] Completely Tainting This Divinity

At this moment.

Facing the admired idol before her, the girl felt as if her heart had relaxed like never before.

Ah, friendship, indeed, it's a relationship that makes people incredibly at ease...

However.

As she looked at Alvin's lowered eyelids and his hesitant expression, the girl immediately, once again, realized her rudeness.

"S-Sorry! I assumed without permission that you're my friend. I... I..."

"No, I'm happy to be your first friend, Artorius."

Alvin smiled like this, gazing over the vast golden wheat field.

Friend...

This was a great opportunity to get closer and corrupt her.

"Not only that, you'll have more and more friends in the future. Don't underestimate yourself."

"T-Thank you! Sir Alvin!"

Surprisingly, she got so excited about having a friend that her face turned red... no, it seemed like blood was seeping from her forehead...

Looking at the excited expression on the girl's face.

Unknowingly, Alvin felt a slight tremor in his heart, a feeling he didn't want to dwell on... pity and sadness.

"Um... it might be a bit presumptuous, but if you have time, can you come and practice with me more in the future?"

The girl looked at the broken wooden swords on the ground, deciding that she needed to make a new batch in the future.

"However," she seemed a bit troubled, "After having your meal and... making such an unreasonable request, I feel like I don't have anything to repay you..."

Gulp, thinking about these things made her feel more and more ashamed. The girl seemed like she wanted to bury herself in the ground.

"I always wanted to ask, is this wheat field owned by Sir Ector? Is that your...?"

"It's mine... uh, my father's."

Originally, Sir Ector didn't allow her to address him with these words.

But now, he couldn't hear it anyway, so calling him that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Although it was forbidden to speak.

In her heart, the girl had long acknowledged this fact.

"That's great, then. I would like to borrow your land to see the prosperous growth of this wheat field... if you can lease or sell it to me, it would be a great help."

Actually, Alvin didn't necessarily need the land here.

If he asked, his old man would naturally allocate a large piece of fertile land in Londinium to him, and he might even send a few batches of people to pick cotton or something.

But, if he did that, there would be no reason to frequently approach Artoria.

The 'feeling of being needed' is an advanced emotional need.

Even if it's a trivial request, like helping peel an apple.

Expressing an attitude of 'needing each other' is the best way to close the relationship.

It could be considered a philosophy of life that Alvin had developed in his previous life, where he mingled.

"Oh! If my father hears about your request, he will definitely agree happily. But Sir Alvin... are you planning to farm?"