Chapter 13

Azula observed the black vessel and its sun emblem. A syndicate held the entirety of Kazima hostage and it was considered a small one at that. She couldn't help but think of what the implications of this ship being here are.

Cetro appeared behind them with a data pad in hand, "That doesn't surprise me." He said with wariness in his voice, "The local crime family works under them."

"Are they a small group like the one that had Kazima?" Azula asked, she never took her eyes off this potential threat.

"Quite the opposite. The Gold Sun syndicate is the apex predator out here. They own a good chunk of planets in frontier space, got deep pockets and practically run the criminal underworld."

"They wouldn't take Ginza though, right?" Lectro asked with nervousness creeping into his voice.

"They probably could, but like I said the local crime family does business with them."

"Knowing ol Euretta, she'd probably find some excuse to take the place." Skeeve said.

Azula noticed the name mentioned, "Euretta? Who is that?"

Skeeve's brow raised to his forehead, "You haven't heard of Euretta Sareno yet? She's only the scariest woman in the known galaxy and head of the Gold Sun's. She's got spies everywhere and owns most of the pirates out here, nothing happens out here without her knowing about it. They even say she's got a bounty on her head so high it would make anyone richer than the Pendaren emperor."

Cetro rolled his eyes, "You're exaggerating Skiv. Her bounty ain't that high."

"Skeeve." He grumbled to himself under his breath.

"And what is the Crimson Storm's relationship with Euretta's Gold Sun's?" Azula directed her question to Cetro.

"I would also like to know that." Skeeve said now worried as to why they reacted the way they did when seeing the ship.

Lectro scratched the back of his head sucking in some air as if he was trying to find the right words, "Let's just say the Storm has a bit of a rocky relationship with the Gold Sun's."

"And by rocky he means down right atrocious." Sev finished before going into detail, "We did some contracts against the Sun's a few years back and we gave them such a good fight that Euretta herself tried to buy out My'Rell and absorb the Crimson Storm."

"How did the Captain take her offer?" Azula asked.

Cetro let out a hearty belly chuckle as he answered, "I remember that, My'Rell told her she could take her offer and shove it where her gold sun doesn't shine."

Skeeve's expectant look turned to an expression of pure horror, "Wait, wait, wait. You're telling me I'm part of a crew that is on Euretta-I burn down entire family trees for fun-Sareno's hit list?"

"You're over exaggerating her reach, Skeevy boy. She's powerful but she ain't no Pendaren emperor powerful." Sev downplayed.

"She's the empress of the criminal underworld!" Skeeve looked as though he was going to have a panic attack.

"Ease up Skeevy boy. It's only one ship and it's a big city. Hopefully we won't run into its crew while we're here."

"If y'all are going into town, keep an eye out for any Gold Sun's, you see anyone wearing black and gold or have a sun emblem on them, you walk the other way. Don't talk to any of them, if they ask you for directions just point them away from you and get out of there and especially make sure they don't know you're Crimson Storm." Cetro warned with the most serious tone Azula has ever heard him with, "That goes double for you sparky." He pointed to Azula, "Now y'all get going while I get our cargo and don't draw attention to yourselves." He went back to the ship as a dock worker approached.