Adulation

Vain's POV:
I sat on the couch placed on my balcony. As I sat there, fingers hovering over the keyboard, my heart raced with anticipation. We had spent countless hours chatting online, sharing our hopes, dreams, and deepest secrets. The connection we had formed felt so real, even though we had never met face-to-face.

I don't know what's happening to me every freaking time this girl occupies my mind, no matter what I do or where I am. This girl has had a profound impact on me. It feels like she is the only one whom I have known in my whole existence. No matter how bad my day was, it becomes better, or, I should say, the best, if we talk. She can easily bring immense joy to my day. This is really fascinating, the power she holds that  makes me smile like an idiot whenever I think of her. 

Every time a message from her popped up on my screen, an electric surge of exhilaration coursed through my veins, and a rush of excitement coursed through me. I want to laugh, I want to cry, and I want to support her through the ups and downs of her life. I want to be her unwavering pillar of support.I want to protect her. I want to be her safe place, I want to be the one on whom she can relay.

It was as if I had known her for eternity, even though it had only been a few months. I don't know what it was in her that attracts me towards her, but the feeling to know her was amplified until it was the only thing I could think about. Whatever I am feeling now is somewhat unique but it feels.... perfect. I need her as a heart needs a beat.

But now, as I stared at the screen of my phone, I could no longer ignore the burgeoning emotion stirring within me. It was love. Despite the vast expanse that separated us physically, I had fallen irrevocably in love with her. The thought of confessing my feelings both thrilled and terrified me.

Does she feel the same way? Will our connection transcend the digital realm and become something more? These questions swirled in my mind, but I knew I had to take the leap.

As I collapsed on the bed, I closed my eyes and her face come back to me. Something about her makes me feel so alive, I didn't know whats happening to me. As I recalled her face in my brain, sleep over took me and I didn't realise when I had fallen asleep.

Next day as I woke up the first thing which came to my mind was nothing but SOFIA, with my trembling fingers, I finally summoned the courage to articulate the words that had weighed heavily on my heart. "I believe I am falling deeply in love with you," I composed, my breath catching in my throat as I pressed the enter key, surrendering my vulnerability and clicking the enter key.

Now, all I could do was wait, my heart pounding in my chest. The minutes felt like hours, each passing second feeling like an eternity as I anxiously awaited her response, hoping that she felt the same way. Our online love story was about to take a leap into the unknown, and I couldn't wait to see where it would lead.

Author's POV:
Have you ever experienced that sensation that tickles your belly when thoughts of your "the one" come to mind? It's as if a menagerie of emotions is unleashed, causing earthquake within you. Whatever it is, it feels nice and joyous, but at the same time, it burdens your heart to think what if the feelings are unrequited? What if it's one-sided?  

------------------------------------------------------------
Love is like a wildflower blooming in a desert, beautiful but lonely. Sometimes the mind knows what the heart refuses to accept, that love is not always reciprocated. Let us delve into the next chapter of Sofia's affection. Witness how the months in anticipation of confess, alter the course of their lives. Will she embrace the love offered to her, or will circumstances compel him to retreat? 
------------------------------------------------------------