i remember that fight 2:30am

your pov

mom and dad have been fighting for hours now. they've been fighting over nothing. i think they're fighting about me... mom doesn't want me to go to private school because of security reasons and dad wants me to go so i can be social.

it was now 12 in the morning. i was tired of listening so i tried to go to sleep. i was able to sleep for about 2 and a half hours when i heard glass shatter downstairs. once i fully came to my senses i heard mom and dad still screaming. i hurried and got out of my bed and rushed downstairs.

once i got down there i saw my mom and my dad standing in the kitchen. my mom had tears streaming down her face kneeling on the ground picking up broken glass of some sort and my dads face was red yelling at her. then i saw what was shattered on the ground. it was the gift i had gotten my mom for mother's day. it was a vintage mug with cats on it and it was her favorite mug.

"TRAVIS LOOK WHAT YOU DID!" my mom screamed through tears. i winced at the yelling. i've never seen my parents fight like this.

"mom? are you okay?" i asked softly. my mom quickly turned her head in my direction.

"wow good job tay you woke up y/n" dad said.

"no i woke up to the glass shattering..." i said.

"y/n i'm okay go back to bed" mom said.

"i can't just go back to bed if you guys are fighting like this. you guys have been fighting for over 3 hours now!" i said.

"y/n just go to bed NOW" my dad yelled.

"TRAVIS STOP!" my mom countered back. i just stood there.

"TAYLOR DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT MY GOD" dad screamed back.

"STOP!" i screamed. my parents looked at me. "just because you guys can't agree what's best for my does not mean you guys have to yell at eachother. like what is going on! it's 2:30 in the freaking morning! go to bed and stop yelling at eachother! i'm sick of it!" i screamed.

"i'm sorry y/n" mom said.

"AND BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS FIGHTING LOOK WHATS BROKEN NOW!" i said crouching down and picking up the glass. "YOU GUYS ARE ACTING LIKE TEENAGERS!" i said.

"y/n.." my dad tried to say

"you know what i don't even want to here it right now just like go away. both of you. i'll clean up the mess you guys need to have a civil conversation and come to your senses" i said stressed out.

my mom and my dad quickly left the kitchen and headed upstairs. i'm very responsible at my age but i feel like half the time im parenting them!

i quickly picked up the broken glass and left a few tears fall. i hate when my parents argue. they've been doing it a lot lately and i hope they're not growing away from each other.

after i cleaned up the mess i went back to my room. as soon as i laid in bed i just started crying. i cried as quietly as i could but i guess it wasn't quite enough because i heard my mom enter the room.

"y/n?" my mom said.

"what" i'm mumbled. i felt my mattress cave in and i knew my mom was sitting on my bed. she started rubbing my back. i turned so i was facing her.

"oh baby don't cry" she said as she wiped my tears. this only made me cry harder. my mom slipped under the covers with me and held me in her embrace.

"shh it's okay y/n/n" my mom cooed

"i'm sorry mom" i said.

"baby what are you sorry for? you have nothing to be sorry for" she said as she kissed my head.

"i'm sorry for crying i'm just scared" i said.

"why are you scared baby?" my mom said

"i'm scared that you and dad are falling out of love with each other. you guys are always yelling at each other and i don't want you to get a divorce" i said quietly.

"hey it's okay honey. i promise that me and your father are not getting a divorce and i'm sorry you feel that way. i promise your dad and i will work on it. okay?" my mom said.

"okay" i sniffled.

"it's going to be okay. i promise" my mom said. i nodded against her chest and we stayed in silence for a little.

"mom?" i said.

"yes?" she answered.

"can you stay here until i fall asleep?" i asked.

"of course baby. i love you so much" she said.

"i love you too"