friends...?

this story is basically what happens to me on a daily basis😭 so it's like 95% real life some of it is different tho bc i don't tell my parents abt this lol. also it's kinda like when taylor told the story abt what happened to her with the mall.

y/n age: 14

here i was sitting at my table at lunch with my so called "friends". i'm that person in the friend group who's left out of things, walking in the grass type of friend.

"guys are we going to my house first or the movies?" grace said.

"oh where are you guys going?" i asked.

"oh... um we were just gonna hang out" ava said.

"can i come?!" i asked excitedly.

"i mean you can i guess..." lily said.

"...actually i just remembered i was supposed to do something this weekend with my mom.." i said.

"do you guys wanna go to the mall after school?? i could have my mom take us??" i asked.

"uh im busy im sorry" grace said.

"same" lily and ava said.

"oh! no worries" i said.

time skip.

school was finally over and i finally was able to be in the comfort of my bed.

"hey mom?" i asked. she was sitting in the couch on her laptop answering emails.

"um if you're not to busy could we maybe go to the mall?" i said.

"yeah let me just finish typing this email then we can go!" she said.

"okay thanks mom!" i said.

i quickly ran up to my room to grab my money so i could buy some things. shortly after my mom and i made our way to the mall. as we were walking around a store i saw my friends at the other end.

"mom i wanna go. now." i said.

"what? why? we just got here!" she said.

"please mom. we need to go..." i said.

"are you sure?" she said. i nodded my head. we left the mall and headed into the car. the car ride back was silent. i can't believe that just happened. i knew i was the left out friends but the fact that they lied to me...

when we got home i ran up to my room and locked the door. i laid on my bed and blasted music is my airpods. music was always my comfort. it was always there for me. i was staring up at my ceiling and didn't even realize my mom had come in until she waved her hand infront of my face.

"y/n, baby, i need to talk to you." she said. i took out my airpods and sat up.

"what happened? why'd you wanna leave so suddenly?" she asked. i felt myself get teary eyed and eventually i just broke down crying. my mom pulled me into her arms and rocked me.

"they all hate me mom. all my friends. they always exclude me. i wanted to leave because at school i asked if they wanted to go to the mall but they all said they were busy and then we go and i see them there together without me. i'm so sick of it. i just want friends. real friends" i said through tears. my moms grip on me was tighter. she felt tense. she rocked me until my cries were just sniffles. my mom was always my shoulder to cry on.

"y/n can i tell you something?" she said after placing a kiss on my head.

"the same thing happened to me when i was your age" she said.

"really?" i said through a sniffle. she nodded.

"is it ever gonna get better?" i asked.

"it's gonna get better baby i promise" she said

"what if it doesn't?" i asked.

"i will always be here for you baby. okay? if you wanna do something ill always say yes. i love you so much baby. i'm sorry people are so cruel like this" she said giving me a hug.

"mom? i'm tired..." i said.

"okay baby i'll let you sleep what do you want for dinner i can make anything or we can go out?" she asked.

"i want sushi can we go to nobu?" i asked.

"of course your dad should be home in a couple hours so we'll go then" she answered a nodded and slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

taylors pov

i sat there until y/n fell asleep then i left her room and closed the door gently. i went to go sit on the couch and just think about what happened. i was supposed to protect my daughter from stuff like this but it happened anyway. as i was deep in my thoughts i heard the front door open and trav had come home earlier than expected.

"trav?" i said getting up.

"yeah baby it's me" i heard him call back. i went running to him and gave him a big hug.

"you okay baby? you're tense." he said. i shook my head.

"what happened baby?" he asked.

"i'm just worried about y/n..." i said.

"do you wanna talk about it?" he asked. i shrugged.

"i just wanna be held" i said. travis held me for a while and i enjoyed his presence.