5. damn, her lips...

I had always wondered how straightforward he was

I had always wondered how straightforward he was. Was it only with me or he was like this with everyone?

Even in my befuddled state I could sense his stare on me, and I couldn't even list out the number of times my stomach did flips while he kept on gawking. 

It's always his goddamn stares!

He clicked his tongue, pursed his lips and called my name, taking me out of my trance. "When's your shift ending?" 

"At 9pm, why?"  

"Do you have any plans for tonight?" 

Don't say no, say yes. Say you're super busy tonight and don't even have time to breathe. Okay that's too much. Just say anything but no, else you are gonna end up in his bed with him for sure. 

"No,” great!  “I don't have any plans." 

"Have dinner with me, I'll send you my address" he said, shifting his hands in his pockets as he watched my figure across the terrace railing. I nodded and formed a thin smile, still not believing I just betrayed myself because of a man's beauty. 

Maybe I was overthinking and feeling way too much of consciousness. He could have just asked me for a normal dinner, just like normal friends do when they meet after a long time. But last time I checked, he didn't offer me his friendship six months ago. What he offered was still haunting me in my sleep. 

Stop! Don't think about it. 

Oh–well, I think it's gonna be a normal dinner night, right? 

Everything was just going well, I became a doctor finally and I met so many amazing people during this journey of mine and that definitely included Jungkook as well. He was like a gentle storm six months ago, but now he came back as a hurricane into my life. When I first met him, I was his stalker and now, things were different.  

But nevertheless, I have met some amazing people here, I had already mentioned Jane, well you'd love her more after knowing her full name, Mrs Jane Oberoi. Married to Dr. Kabir Oberoi. Trust me just like this fancy name, the doctor was ten times fancier. Did I tell you about him? No. Let's rewind then. 

Just like Jane said, that hot shot show would be worth watching, she was correct. The other doctor, who walked inside with Jungkook, was Kabir. He was an Indian-American doctor who was settled in Seoul. Wait–what? 

Yeah, this sounded weird to me too, but the story behind this was super romantic. 

Apparently, Jane and Kabir used to be college lovebirds in New York, he totally fell for her and decided to marry her. But Jane couldn't help leaving her parents in Seoul all alone if she decide to marry Kabir and move with him to America, so after her studies, she came back and broke up with him, because the long distance was way too long for her.