6. what is she?

One thing was confirmed

One thing was confirmed. Whenever we parted our ways or said that 'yeah I'm gonna see you again' , it never actually happened. 

It had already been a week since his housewarming party and there was not a single moment of our interaction. Seeing him in this big hospital was pure luck for sure. He had been super busy and by this time I knew he was an incredible surgeon. 

I heard Dr. Kabir talked about him when we were discussing a case in which I would soon be going to assist him, yeah it's finally happening. Just a mention of his name and I see myself getting all nervous. 

I was busy checking the reports and x-ray of my patient in the common room before giving my diagnosis to Dr. Kabir as he was our mentor, so we interns had to report to him everyday. A thought of Jungkook crossed my mind, and suddenly I felt a little wish, more like a desire to see him. It was like I slowly started forgetting his face. 

Just then I saw the door opening ajar and a guy walked in. It was him, and I was too stunned to summon him. 

Did he hear my thoughts? 

It seemed he just came out of a surgery as he still had his scrubs on with his white coat on it. He still hadn't registered my presence in the room as he was fiddling some papers. Pinching his nose bridge, he tried to focus on the papers washing off his tiredness from the surgery. 

He stopped when he saw the computer was already occupied and the seat was not vacant and then he finally saw me sitting there. His expressions changed, once filled with exhaustion turned into an eliciting excitement that made me feel a weird tingling thing into my stomach. 

Why? Because my mind ran faster than I could even imagine and it released loads of serotonin and dopamine creating a buzz of butterflies in my stomach, for thinking that his exhaustion turned off after seeing me. 

Yes, God. It's me again. Your delusional child. 

He closed his file and now all his attention was on me. 

"Long time no see Dr. Kim" I heard him addressing me as 'dr kim' and I didn't know how to respond. "Indeed, you have been quite busy." I stood up from the chair and turned around to face him properly. He was watching my every action, not knowing what hurricane he just caused by calling me by that name. 

"Looks like you were waiting for me." he amused, and he landed on the desk behind him leaning his back perfectly. His hands folded around his chest and he was all ears to listen to me. I liked it, I liked how he just settled down to have a conversation with me. But it was nowhere a normal conversation, I could sense it. 

"I did." I saw his lips twitch as soon as I said that. Was he glad that I waited for him? 

"I heard about you from Kabir all these days, congratulations for getting your first surgery."