٧

Raaes Haveli,

"Yeh tumhara beta kya kar raha hai Dawar?" Nourez's displeased sound had his son worried. "What happened, Abu?" He asked,

"Pata nahi konsy chakkar mein woh Wazir's sy ulajh raha hai. Kuch din pehly usny Usman py goli chalayi thi." Nourez replied,

"I feel like he's up to something. Something that would snatch our peace." Nourez stated, sitting on his rocking chair,

"Abu, rest assured. Aryan is not capable of making any mistakes. " Dawar endeavoured to reassure his father. "The last time I was this anxious when I sent you there, and you came back with a bride. How can I not be concerned?" Dawar clenched his jaw, unable to find the appropriate words to respond to his father.

Dawar understood his father's concerns all too well. Nourez had always been protective, especially when it came to matters of the heart. The memory of when Dawar had returned with a bride from his own journey still lingered in Nourez's mind, causing him to worry excessively about Aryan's capabilities.

But Dawar knew Aryan better than anyone else. Aryan was not one to make mistakes easily, if at all.

_

Aryan returned to the haveli, determined to let his grandfather know about his feelings for Azara. 

As he hurried inside, he was taken aback to find Azara standing there, almost as if she had been expecting him.

"We need to talk." Her voice told him it was something serious. He decided to call his grandfather later and diverted his attention to her.

As they sought solace on the terrace, away from prying eyes, though her brothers were out and Emara was busy packing her stuff for their departure tomorrow.

Aryan closed the distance between them. Gazing deeply into her eyes, he confessed, "Perhaps my words were not as eloquent as I had hoped, but fate has brought us here. Azara Malik, I am deeply, irrevocably in love with you."

"I have tried to push these feelings aside, to ignore the way my heart races when I see you, the way my stomach flips when you smile at me. But I can't fight it any longer. I have fallen for you, Azara, in a way that I never thought possible. I know that this may come as a shock to you and that you may not feel the same way. But I had to tell you, I had to let you know the truth. I couldn't keep it bottled up inside any longer.

I had to take this chance, had to lay my heart on the line, and tell you how I truly feel. I love you, Azara, more than words can express. And I hope that maybe, just maybe, you feel the same way, too."

"What if I tell you, I feel the same?" The shock on his face was palpable, evident through his widened eyes.

"I have fallen in love with you Aryan Dawar Raees." She confessed. Azara didn't know she could be bold enough to express her feelings until today. She had to. Otherwise, this would've been the last time she'd be seeing Aryan, the man who owned her heart and got married to Shehzad Baig once she returned home.

_

Malik Mansion

"Jee bas kal hi bachy wapis aarahy hain, usky baad sy shadi ki tayyari shuru kardengy." Asad discussed on the call.

Asad's discussion on the call about starting preparations for the wedding didn't sit well with Araiz. Despite his respect for his elder brother, Araiz didn't appreciate Asad making decisions for his kids without asking for any of their opinions.

"He didn't even bother to ask Azara for her consent," Sabira complained to her husband.

"But I will. Once Azara is back, I will ask for her consent because I sense that she isn't happy with Bhai's decision," Araiz stated.

Araiz and Sabira were aware that their daughter would likely not disagree with their decisions, but they still believed it was important to know her opinion, whether she wanted to marry Shehzad or not.

_

"So, what are your plans once you return home?" Azara questioned,

Azara and Aryan were unable to finish their conversation as Azara's brothers returned home immediately after their heartfelt confession. They decided to sneak out at midnight. The time they'd usually run into each other in the garden.

They drove miles away from the haveli. "If you want my honest answer, the first thing I'll do after returning home is tell my family about you. Secondly, I am gonna send them to your place with a proposal." He replied with a genuine smile latched on his face.

Azara's pov

I was supposed to feel joy at his sincere intentions, but I couldn't muster any happiness knowing what awaited me at the Malik Mansion the next day.

If I told him the truth he might leave me. The only thing I can do is not return home tomorrow.

"What are your plans?" He asked me, and I firmly replied, "I have no desire to go back to Sialkot."

_

Author's note

╰┈➤ An unedited chapter. It's not that I intentionally published the chapter so late. I was sick since the last week, so I hope you don't think otherwise.

Enjoy the chapter and stay tuned until the next update <3.