٩

Aryan's pov.

Standing on my balcony, I gazed at the magnificent creation of the Lord. The captivating midnight sky,  as always sparkled with countless stars, while the moon shyly hid behind the clouds.

Folding my arms, I began thinking about  how my life had changed so dramatically. When I arrived here, I  could have never imagined finding love, a love so profound that I cannot fathom my existence without it. Azara Malik, the person I never knew I needed, has become my everything, my heart's desire.

Love, however, is not without its challenges. In love, sacrifices must be made. I know that I won't be losing her, but I will have to let go of something in order to keep her by my side. My family. My role as the obedient eldest child. The respect and affection they once showered upon me. All of it will be lost once I bring Azara home as my wife.

The weight of my emotions is overwhelming as I prepare to start a new chapter in my life by marrying Azara tomorrow. The thought of not being able to share this joyous news with my beloved grandfather, my Dada jaan, is unbearable. Our bond, cultivated within the walls of the haveli, is unmatched. I was his wife's cherished one, and now, his.

Growing up, I confided in him, sharing every detail of my life. He understood me in a way my parents never could. I don't blame them, I was just close to my grandparents more than them. While my parents remain unaware of my struggles and successes during my school and college years, my grandfather knows it all. I have shared my pain and happiness with him, but  tomorrow, as I take this significant step in my life he will not be there. I yearn to inform him and seek his blessings, but my promise to Azara prevents me from doing so.

I know he will never forgive me for this. He had countless dreams and hopes for his eldest grandson's wedding, and now, I am on the verge of shattering them all because I have fallen in love.

Even I had no idea that we'd be getting married secretly, I had better plans for us but from what I've heard from Azara, her family seems complicated.

Flashback
(Chapter-07. Last scene.)

"I have no desire to go back to Sialkot."

"Kya matlab? Tum kal wapis nahi jaa rahi?" I asked her, she paused for a while before replying.

"Nahi. Agar mein kal wapis chali gayi toh samajh lo yeh hamari akhri mulaqat hai." She replied, my chest tightens with an emotion. Fear. The fear of losing her.

Oh, dear god, please be merciful, she is my first love, and I cannot bear the thought of losing her. I am incapable of handling a shattered heart, especially when I have planned my entire future with her.

"Aur yeh baat janty huye mein wapis nahi jaa sakti Aryan.

In your presence, I feel truly alive for the first time. With you, I can be completely myself, unfiltered and free. Most importantly, I love you.

Tum meri pehli aur aakhri mohabbat ho Aryan, aur mein tumhein yahan chor ky wapis nahi jaa sakti." She spoke, as if she had read my mind.

"I'll be damned if I left you."

"Azara, we can try talking to your uncle for once, right? I'm sure he would agree.

Aur na manny ki konsi wajah hai, mein bura hoon kya?" I asked masking a sad look on my face.

"Tum meri jaan bohot pyare ho aur merey Taya utny hi daravney. Bas isiliye mein wapis nahi jana chahti." I chuckled at her statement about her uncle.

I halted the car at the spot where destiny intertwined our paths for the very first time. We stepped out from the vehicle, finding ourselves face to face.

Azara, with her radiant smile and eyes that held a universe of secrets, exuded an ethereal beauty that captivated me. She effortlessly climbed onto the bonnet, and settled herself there, as if claiming her throne.

Unable to tear my gaze away from her, I stepped forward, my heart pounding in my chest.  As I reached her, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the tenderness that enveloped us.

Gently, I placed my hands on either side of her delicate frame, feeling the warmth of her presence radiate through my fingertips.  In that moment, time stood still, and the world around us faded into insignificance.

Our eyes locked, and in that silent exchange, a language of unspoken words passed between us.

As we stood there, our souls entwined, I knew that this encounter was not a mere coincidence. It was a meeting orchestrated by fate, a convergence of two paths that were meant to cross. And in that moment, I realized that this was just the beginning of a journey that would forever change the course of our lives.

"Nikkah krengy humsy?" She softly murmured, drawing closer, her words as fragile as a feather that could be carried away by the gentle breeze. Her piercing stare, filled with fervor, penetrated the depths of my soul, leaving me entranced.

"Naiki aur puch puch" With a gentle smile, I responded, my heart brimming with anticipation akin to a child's delight upon laying eyes on their cherished thing.

Azara's pov,

His smile illuminated my world, igniting a fire within me that I couldn't resist. Yet, a wave of apprehension washed over me as I pondered his reaction on finding out my relation with Shehzad. The thought of losing him, the one who held my heart so tenderly, haunted my every waking moment.

I wish to reveal the truth about that imbecile, but the fear of jeopardizing our love consumed me.

In my heart, I sought solace in the divine. Only Allah, the all-knowing, could fathom the consequences of hiding this truth. Would it bring chaos or peace to our lives? Only time would reveal the answer.

At this moment, the only thing I should focus is on us. Our marriage that is going to take place tomorrow. Everyone else can go to hell, they never cared for me, never thought of asking my consent before trying to get me hitched to someone who does not know how to respect and treat his woman.

"Where are we going now?" I asked him as we got back into the car, "To my cottage, it's a few minutes away from the haveli. We can’t go back to the haveli as your siblings are there and there's no way we can get married in their presence." He replied, fastening the seat belt.

We drove half of the way in silence, until he spoke up, "Azara, why can't I inform my family about us? They can convince your uncle and if not atleast they can help us after our nikkah."

"Aryan, please let's just get the nikkah done. I don't want any obstacle in our way. Once we get our nikkah done we can tell everyone about it.

Tab toh humey alag honay ka bhi dar nahi hoga aur socho agar tumhari family bhi mujhey accept na karey toh?" My tone wasn't soft at all, but he doesn't get it, things wouldn't be easy if the elders came to know about it.

"Azara, hum aik bar koshish toh karsakty hein."

" I wanna let my family know that I'm getting married." His insistence made me furious and I knew I'd be regretting what I was going to say next. I didn't want to be harsh on him but I feel it was necessary.

"Kal subah tak ka waqt hai sochlo,"

"If you want to lose me then go ahead and inform your and my family about it."

" Main bhi wapis jany ky bad kisi ghair sy shadi krloongi, jisey merey taya chahty hon."

"Azara, tum khafa kiun ho rahi ho?"

"Fine, I promise I won't utter a word to them until we get married."

"Bas yeh kisi aur sy shadi karny ki baat nai karna." Aryan replied holding my hand into his.

Am I deceiving him by hiding the truth?

_

Author's note,

╰┈➤ Guys, I don't know how you guys are gonna feel about this chapter. Just let me know your opinion in the comments, whether the chapter is fine or I need to do better with the next chapter.

Follow me on Instagram @zhalameer for more updates.