٨

The Next Day.

"Azar, Rohaan, go get the girls for breakfast and tell them to get ready. We are leaving in an hour." Samar dictated to his cousins.

"You go downstairs, I'll call Azara and Emara," Rohaan said to Azar and walked towards the girls' room.

He knocked on the door multiple times, but none of them opened the door. "They must've slept late." Rohaan sighed, Emara was a heavy sleeper, but Azara wasn't. He wondered didn't Azara wake up yet.

He banged the door loudly for two more minutes and the loud sound grabbed Azar and Samar's attention. "Kya hogaya hai, doosry ka darwaza torhny ka irada hai kya?" Azar joked.

Meanwhile, Samar was worried because Rohaan was someone who always remained calm, why was he acting this way?

"Yeh kon subah subah tabahi macha raha hai?!" Emara's groggy voice pierced through the morning chaos. What surprised them was that she walked out of the room adjacent to the one  Rohaan had been banging for the past five minutes.

"Tum iss room mein kya kar rahi ho?" Samar questioned her, "Aryan bhai told me I can stay here." She replied. "Aur Azara?" Rohaan inquired,

"She's supposed to be in this room" Emara answered pointing at the other door. "If she is here then why isn't she answering the door?" Azar pondered.

"I'm breaking this door." Saying Azar attempts to break the door, "At least call Aryan bhai before doing something like this. " Emara suggested.

"Bhar mein gaya tumhara Aryan Bhai!" Azar snapped at her. With a forceful kick, Azar shatters the door into pieces, sending splinters flying in all directions. The sound of the impact echoes throughout the haveli.

As they entered the room, they were stunned to see that Azara was nowhere to be found. Azar was seething with rage, feeling like his head was about to explode.

"Let's look around the haveli, maybe she went out for a walk?" Samar suggested. Everyone split up to search for her, but Azara was nowhere to be seen.

As Azar was heading back inside the haveli from the garden, his attention was caught by a camera positioned above.

"Ya Rab, Kahi kisi ny hamari Azara ko kidnap toh nahi karliya?!" Emara exclaimed in a worried and innocent tone, after watching Azara leave the haveli at midnight on the CCTV footage. Her worried comment earned her sharp glares from Azar.

"Let's go outside and look for her," Samar suggested again,

"You can't find her!" Samar and Rohaan were furious at his remark. "Kya matlab iss baat ka? Hum usey dhoondny ki koshish bhi na karein?!" Samar yelled,

"Chahy aap poora din usey dhoondty rahy woh apko nahi milegi!" He snapped back, making their breath hitch.

"I knew something was cooking between her and that Aryaan. Aur dekho dono hi gayab hain." He stated.

"He's speaking trash. Isey Azara pasand hi nahi isiliye yeh bakwas kar raha hai aur yeh chahta bhi nahi hoga ky woh wapis aye. Mein jaa raha hoon apni behen ko dhoondny aur mein usky sath ghar wapis aaonga." Rohaan stormed out, declaring vehemently.

"Agar Azara apko usky saath na mili toh batana mujhy!" Azar declared.

Out of nowhere, Azar's phone starts ringing, pulling the phone out of his pocket, he sees his mother's number. Taking a deep breath he answers her call. "Ami?"

"Kab wapis aarahy ho? Aur meri Azara, woh kahan hai? She must be excited to get back home haina?" His mother's cheerful voice broke his heart. Holding back his tears he replied to her, "Jee bas hum nikal hi rahy hain."

After ending the call, he unleashed his wrath upon the phone, hurling it toward the wall with an intense fury. The impact was so powerful that the phone shattered into countless pieces.

Emara jumped from her spot and sprinted towards Samar's side. Samar attempted to soothe Azar, but all efforts were in vain. "Mein ghar wapis jaa raha hoon. Tum dono ko sath chalna hai toh abhi chalo." he commanded, his gaze piercing into Emara and then shifting to Samar.

Samar was convinced that he had to act quickly and leave with Azar, otherwise, he would face a chaotic situation at home. He planned to come up with a convincing story to explain Azara's absence to his family.

Meanwhile, Rohaan roamed the streets with an intense determination, resembling a madman in search of Azara.

Each passerby couldn't help but feel sympathy for the distressed soul, observing his disheveled appearance and turbulent state of mind. His hair was wild and unkempt, strands sticking out in every direction as if mirroring the chaos within his mind. As he weaved through the bustling crowd, his steps were hurried and erratic, his movements almost animalistic. His heart pounded in his chest, each beat echoing the urgency that consumed him. Every face he passed became a potential lead, a glimmer of hope that Azara might be among them. But as the minutes turned into hours, his hope began to wane, replaced by a gnawing fear that he might never find her.  Some whispered words of encouragement, their voices laced with sympathy and understanding. Others simply watched in silence, their hearts heavy with the weight of his pain.

A man from the crowd came forward, grabbing everyone's attention, some made space for him while some bowed to him. "Lagta hai aap kisi ko dhoond rahy hein." The raspy voice gained Rohaan's attention. 

"Yes..Yes , my sister, she went missing yesterday." He replied, the man laughed at his words, "Missing? Bachi thori hai ky ghum hojaye. Iss umar mein larkiyan apni marzi sy ghar sy bhagti hain, ghum nahi hoti." Rohaan glared at the stranger with fiery eyes and grabbed his collar, "How dare you talk disrespectfully about my sister?!" He shouted at the man.

The stranger pushed Rohaan back, freeing himself, "Just 15 minutes away from the mansion where you stayed, there is a small cottage owned by Aryan. Agar tumhy tumhari behen wahan na mili toh mera naam bhi Usman Wazir nahi!" "

Rohaan froze in disbelief, his mind racing as he tried to process the words that had just been spoken. He strides towards Rohaan, his voice barely audible as he utters, "Wesy apni behen ki nikkah mubarak ho apko, Rohaan Malik," a sly grin plays on his face. With that Usman hands him a stack of papers, leaving him stunned. Without another word, he swiftly walked past Rohaan and disappeared into the distance, his jeep roaring to life as he drove away.

Rohaan remained motionless, his gaze fixed on the Nikkahnama. Azara had put her signature on it. She had married Aryan Dawar Raees. Tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to spill over.

"Rohaan and Samar, you need to take care of them, if anything goes wrong you'll be responsible." Rohaan recalled his taya's words.

"This is all because of me," he whispered, his voice heavy with remorse. "If only I hadn't agreed to come here, perhaps this wouldn't have happened." He held himself responsible for the unfortunate turn of events.

As the evening sky darkened, the clouds above seemed to mirror Rohaan's emotions, dark and heavy with unshed tears. Rohaan stood in the middle of the street, clutching the Nikkahnama tightly in his hands. As he gazed upwards and closed his eyes, trying to hold back the flood of emotions threatening to overwhelm him. The memories of his father flooded his mind, his laughter and warmth filled him with a bittersweet ache and longing, a reminder of the love and loss he had experienced.

_

Author's note,
╰┈➤ Another unedited chapter. Expect dramatic scenes from the upcomig chapters.