11

“Neptune! Neptune!”

Poseidon heard the small voices calling out to him before he turned around to face them, tilting his head.

“Can we go hang out with Uranus? Please?”
“Yeah! I miss Oberon!”
“It's boring here all by ourselves!”

Neptune smiled before raising a brow, “Oh? Well where did all this excitement come from? I thought you were enjoying Triton’s company.”

Triton stared at Neptune, giving him a small wave before placing his hands in his jacket’s pockets, “Yeah I suggested it to them. They mentioned to me that there were more moons nearby and I just wanted to see if I could meet with the other moons to… y’know…” Triton scratched the back of his head, trying to think of any excuse.

“Get used to everything. Heh…”

Neptune seemed skeptical.
He narrowed his eyes at Triton before smiling, “Well that seems like a great idea! Sure that would be great!”

Cheers erupted from all around as the kids
Neptune made sure all his moons were near him before he began to move towards Uranus’ orbit.
All except for one.
Triton floated in place, watching as they left.
Just as he was about to follow them he realized that the path to escaping towards the Kuiper belt was wide open.
No one was blocking his path or would notice him escaping.
This was his chance!
He got ready to launch himself forwards before he stopped, feeling uncertain.
What would happen if he left?
Would Neptune search for him or how would everyone else react?
How would the smaller ones react?

Triton sighed, clenching his fist as he relaxed. He floated in place, staring at the belt before turning around, only to be met with a horrifying sight.

“SHIT-!”
Triton was faced with Neptune staring directly in his eyes, inches away from his face.
Startled, Triton fell backwards, clenching his shirt as he felt his core about to burst from the sudden jumpscare.

“Where are you going, Triton?” Neptune grinned at him, his moons peeking from his coat’s hood.
“I- Uh-”
Neptune picked him up as Triton hung limp in his fingers.
“HEY PUT ME DOWN!”
“No can do, friendo. Besides, this will be faster for all of us.”

.
.
.

“Uh-”
“Don’t. Don’t say anything.” Triton had his arms crossed on his chest as Titania looked at him with a questioning look while another much smaller moon next to her snickered a bit.
“Neptune?”
“Hey there Anu!” Neptune zoomed over, moons still in his possession, especially Triton dangling from his fingers.

Triton yelped a bit at the sudden shift in speed and gravity forces he felt, especially next to this other planet. Speaking of said planet, Triton raised his head to look at him before noticing him glance at him with a scowl.

Triton was confused.

“Uh why are you here? Heh, not like I mind! But uhhh I thought you weren’t visiting until a couple of years…”
“Well I wanted my moon to meet yours! Especially him!” Neptune grabbed Triton and placed him on his palm, moving his open hand towards Uranus.
Triton swung his arms, trying not to fall over. He finally regained his balance and sighed, rubbing the back of his neck, “Uh… hello-”

“Yeah yeah. I know.”

Triton was about to wave at him but quickly lowered his hand.
Okay, ouch…?
Triton then walked on Neptune’s hand before reaching to the edge, ready to jump off before Neptune got close to him.

“Don’t try running off, okay? Now take the others and go have fun over with the other moons.”
Triton glanced up at the small moons who were currently climbing out from Neptune’s hood, some dangling on the fabric.