Chapter 21

Short Chapter, NOT EDITED WELL.

My mom is dead because of you. Now your son is dead because of me. Payback's a bitch, named Summer and it only gets harder.

"Ciara!"

I snapped out of it and looked around. "Huh?"

"I asked you if you can get the pin cushion for me." Sandra said, looking at me as if I was crazy.

"Uh, Yeah. Sure." I said taking it and handing it to her. She took it from me and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. There's no problem." I lied going to sit down. I sighed and got my phone from my bag.

Mrs. Anoa'I? I know they didn't like me but what happened? I sighed again and pulled out my phone to text Roman.

Hey. Joe. How are you? How's everyone doing, from last night?

I pressed send and waited for his reply.

Everyone's doing good. How are you holding up?
-Roman

Never mind that... How your mom?

Good, She's here at the arena. Why?
-Roman

I stared at my phone and sighed of relief. Mrs. Anoa'I is fine.

She's fine. I went to the messages that Summer sent me and typed away.

What kind of bullshit are you playing with me Summer?

I turned the screen off and tossed it on my working area and sighed. I am so sick and tired of Summer messing with me. Im literally almost going crazy. I don't have tme for her childish ass games.

It made me angrier that she was lying on me. Who makes up a lie and says that I killed her mother?

"Take 20 minutes off. You look stressed. I'll watch Avery." Sandra said fixing an outfit. I rubbed my arms and nodded. "Sure."

Avery had fallen asleep in her carrier about an hour ago.

I grabbed my phone and water bottle and left The work office. I was walking until I came across Roman who was heading my way.

"Hey beautiful. I was just coming to see you." Roman said. He was dressed in his work out clothes. Sweat dripped from his face, his hair was in a high mess bun on top of his head and he smiled down at me. I bit my lip, he looked so good.

"You like what you see?" Roman grinned. I managed tear my eyes away from him and shugged. "No. Don't be so cocky." I said hitting his chest. He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"What's up. How you feeling after last night?" He asked. I shrugged and rubbed my arms. "It doesn't matter anymore. Whatever happened, happened. I need to bury the past." I replied.

Roman clapped his hands. "Finally. I've been waiting for this moment forever." Roman smiled. I held in my smile and rolled my eyes instead.

"How's your mom?" I asked, changing the subject.

"This is the second time your asking me. Is there something wrong?" He asked. I rocked on the balls of my feet and twisted my lips up to the side. I could just show him what Summer texted me last night, but I want to deal with Summer on my own.

"Nothing." I lied. "Mmmm, your not a very good liar." Roman said. He crossed his arms and looked at me.

"It's nothing Joe. I promise." I felt bad lying to his face but I've already dragged him deep enough. He defended me to his whole family, and I'm greatful. But I don't want to be the person that puts him against his family members.