𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟒.

Ivy's PovWith quickness, I slipped into my white undergarments and then into the baby blue dress, its fluffiness contrasted by the theatrical blood splatters

Ivy's Pov
With quickness, I slipped into my white undergarments and then into the baby blue dress, its fluffiness contrasted by the theatrical blood splatters. I tugged on my knee-high lace socks, adding a delicate touch, and carefully stepped into my black Versace platform heels.

A wave of hesitation seized me—I found myself tangled up in excitement and annoyance at being coaxed into this Halloween party by Raegon.

The events of last night left me rattled, the haunting melody of that record player echoing in my mind, robbing me of sleep. Restlessly, I awoke multiple times, each attempt to return to slumber more futile than the last.

Despite not being one for outings, the prospect of the party seemed like a welcome distraction to clear my thoughts, so now I wouldn't complain. With a groan, I reached for my concealer, layering it beneath my weary eyes, the initial application proving insufficient to mask the telltale shadows of my unrest.

After applying the final touches to my makeup, I snatched up my purse and gave myself a brisk once-over in the mirror. Pleased with the my costume, I scooped up the rest of my essentials and proceeded down the staircase. There, a sudden shiver skittering down my spine as I walked past the the lounge room.

Diverting my attention from the doorway, I dismissed the unsettling sensation and hastened to the kitchen. I retrieved a bottle of Dusse Cognac from the cabinet and set out two shot glasses-one for myself and another for Raegon.

Pre-Gaming

Impatient for Raegon's arrival, I unscrewed the bottle and filled my shot glass, savoring the sharp burn as I gulped it down. I paused, closing my eyes, feeling the warmth of the cognac as it settled, before I pouring another, repeating the process, which I also drowned with haste. Leaning against the counter, my attention suddenly snapped to my phone resting on the opposite edge, ringing.

Shifting my weight off the counter, I made my way over and scooped up my phone, half-expecting Raegon's usual heads-up that she's arrived. But instead of her contact, an unfamiliar number greeted me. I paused, a frown forming on my face as I stared at the digits. It was a local number, yet not one I recognized, leaving me confused about who it could possibly be.

With a sense of unease, I hesitantly pressed the green icon, the call connecting. I lifted the phone, its cold surface against my cheek, and waited in silence, a shiver of anticipation running down my spine. The unsettling silence on the line was almost piercing, like an unwelcome presence in the room.

I pulled the phone away, a ripple of annoyance stirring inside of me. Could this be the doing of an online weird; someone who had maliciously leaked my number? Frustrated, I brought the phone back to my ear, "Who the fuck is this, and how did you get my number!" I exclaimed.

The line remained eerily quiet, except for a sharp static that buzzed into my ear, so piercing that I instinctively pulled the phone away and it clattered to the ground. Clutching my ringing ears, I could just make out a faint shuffling sound from the dropped phone before the line disconnected and the mysterious caller hung up.