𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟗.

Smiley's PovI inhaled a breath I hadn't realized I've been holding, the quietude becoming loud as Ivy's parents exited her home from their family dinner

Smiley's Pov
I inhaled a breath I hadn't realized I've been holding, the quietude becoming loud as Ivy's parents exited her home from their family dinner. Going Unbeknownst to anyone, I had managed to implant a tiny surveillance device within her residence, granting myself to unrestricted audio and visual access. It served as a source of amusement, a means to give my pitiful life entertainment.

When her father entered the garage to investigate the power disruption I had disrupted, a primal part of me itched to indulge in doing what I do best, taking every ounce of self-control to resist my usual tendencies. But for now, I decided to spare him.

Only for Ivy...

I observed intently through the lens of the camera I had secretly in her home as Ivy secured the door, before she then disappeared from the cameras. I tilted my head in confusion when suddenly she appeared again, swiftly grasping the bat that lay in wait by the entrance, presumably for my unwelcome visit.

A low chuckle escaped me as I reclined in the drivers seat of my car, still concealed within the confines of the garage, anticipating her emerge to 'welcome' me.

At last, the side entrance to the garage creaked open. Peering through the tinted glass, I couldn't help but grin at the vision of Ivy confronting my window, bat in hand. It amused me, her choice to meet my gaze directly rather than resort to summoning the authorities and seeking refuge until their arrival.

A strong knock jolted my window, causing me to snap my head over, glancing at Ivy. I grinned before lowering the window, "Did you miss me, Ivy?" I teased, taunting her. Ivy's face morphed into an even more fearful expression as she raised the bat. I chuckled and shook my head, amused by her attempt with her only useful arm.

"W-why would I miss you? I'm trying to avoid involving the police for my family's sake, but this needs to end. If you need money, I'll give it to you. You can't just—just interrupt my life and save it for later! You can't keep showing up at my house!" Ivy shouted.

"I don't wanna hurt you. Please, just go." She pleaded while I stared at her with low, bloodshot eyes. A sly grin danced on my lips before I let out a sigh and forcefully swung open the car door, nearly causing her to lose balance as she clung to the front of my car for support.

Ignoring her words, I leaned against my car, tilting my head back and crossing my arms over my chest. I took a moment to observe her, and my expression turned into a frown when I noticed she had changed out of her dinner outfit and was now wearing a robe that concealed everything underneath. "Why did you take off your dinner dress? It looked nice," I asked.

"How do you know that I was wearing a dress for dinner?" she stressed, taking a cautious step back. I let out a scoff and pushed myself off the car, feeling my irritation growing as she pretended to be clueless.

"Cut the shit, Ivy. You should know that I see and hear everything by now. You're playing stupid, I don't like stupidity," I stated firmly, taking a deliberate step with each word as she instinctively moved back with each step I took towards her.