𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟕.

Author's PovSmiley recklessly steered the car deeper into the dark woods, showing no regard for Ivy's vehicle

Author's Pov
Smiley recklessly steered the car deeper into the dark woods, showing no regard for Ivy's vehicle. They had been driving for what seemed like an eternity, enduring a relentless five-hour journey to reach their destination. Along the way, Smiley made a pit stop at a store, indulging in a snack, even a bathroom break while purposely depriving Ivy of even the most basic necessities.

Smiley reveled in Ivy's discomfort, taking pleasure in her struggles against the bindings that secured her hands and the tape that muffled her breaths. Each of Ivy's stifled whimpers was music to Smiley's ears, fueling a dark urge to shatter her completely. Yet, Smiley restrained this feeling, savoring the anticipation, fully aware their game had only just begun.

She could easily admit that out of all her victims she had encountered, whether left alive or dead, none captivated her attention quite like Ivy. Ivy seemed to offer a thrilling chase, even though she wasn't exactly adept at hiding.

Well, Smiley had plans to manipulate Ivy and shatter her spirit to such an extent that recovery would seem nearly impossible. Despite being inherently violent, Smiley recognized that inflicting physical harm on Ivy wasn't necessary to achieve this goal. It was all about dismantling her mentally, as Smiley firmly believed that there was no way to bounce back from that kind of devastation.

Smiley's grin widened at the thought of ruining Ivy as she steered the car into the heart of the dense, shadowy forest. The darkness was absolute, a void as identical as a black hole. Glancing at Ivy's slumped form, Smiley offered a blank stare before abruptly shifting the car into reverse, then lurching it forward. The sudden movement sent Ivy's head snapping against the dashboard with a cruel thud.

Ivy's head snapped up, and she let out a muffled cry, desperately attempting to cradle her bleeding head in her hands for comfort. But to her dismay, her hands were tightly bound, rendering her helpless. "I can't hear you, Ivy. Speak up," Smiley mocked, rolling her eyes in annoyance at Ivy's muffled words.

Ivy's body trembled uncontrollably as she surveyed her dark surroundings, finally comprehending that they were deep in the woods, not knowing how far out they were from the safety of her own home that she missed dearly. Blood continued to trickle down the side of her face, leaving a metallic taste in her mouth.

Smiley observed Ivy's confused expression, her eyes widening as she realized she hadn't explained their purpose in the woods. "Oh! I almost forgot!" Smiley exclaimed, a smile stretching across her face. "I have something important to take care of just a short distance ahead. But I'll need your assistance. You'll be kind enough to help me, won't you?" Smiley asked, feeling a surge of anger at the mere thought of Ivy refusing.

Ivy's face was streaked with tears as she sat there, feeling utterly lost and unsure of how to respond. Smiley's gaze bore into her before she abruptly reached out, forcefully tearing the tape off Ivy's face, causing her to yelp in pain, with drool trickling down the side of her mouth. "You'll help me, won't you? I'm being nice to you, Ivy. It would be really helpful if you did," Smiley said, her tone laced with a mix of expectation and underlying menace.