8. Depression

Author: Do you know, I almost gave up because of this chapter? The amount of head scratching and sleepless nights just to make some of the elements present make sense almost made me punch my monitor. And to think this idea was me challenging myself to write more of the story from different points instead of just one point of view. So, I might take a short break or put this story on hiatus, but I'm not too sure yet.

Anyway, I hope people like this chapter because I put in a lot of effort to make this story. But other than that, brace yourself for some trigger-inducing moments, and maybe some cringe moments, <Shrugs shoulders> I don't know.

So anyway, hope you enjoy this latest installment and please, feedback is always appreciated. Oh and also thank you for the 1k reads, it means quite a lot to me that you guys enjoy my story, which makes me happy.

Warning: This book is targeted at a mature audience as there will be graphic interpretation writing in here with some pretty serious topics being discussed such as sex, opposite-gender relationships, physical harassment, death, depression, and topic of suicide. So viewer discretion is advised.

Links:

So the quirk I'll be using in this story all comes from the page "Quirk Works" with the user of this page called the "Quirk Wizard" from Tumblr. Here is the link to his page: https://quirkwizard.tumblr.com/

Info Card:

CAPITAL LETTER = Yelling

Italic = Thoughts

*Insert* = Actions

<Insert> = Dialogue Action

Text = Serious tone/Emphasis

Text = Memory

{Insert} = Stutter Translation

[SideNote] = This is info that gives extra depth to the story.

A/n: I take no credit for any video or images used in the book. All rights go to their respective creators.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a while since the "Shiro search mission" event, and quite a lot has changed, not just for the Yagi family, but also for the friends and relatives of said family. However, we need to revisit some of these past moments to have a better understanding of the many things that occurred during this time.

Let's start off with the main character, Shiro. Going back to the day he was found, after that day things haven't been the same for him. He became severely depressed, all because he felt like he hadn't amounted to anything in his life for the past three hundred-odd years. This feeling stemmed from the constant fighting he had been engaged in, a duty he felt obligated to fulfill, which prevented him from pursuing anything of his own choice. When he finally realized that his main goal was done, his mind began to spiral out of control until everything just went numb.

He felt lost, and with no one by his side, quickly fell into depression, opting to stay in his room most of the time. He lacked the energy to do anything anymore, not even going outside to enjoy life or eat, preferring to drink water since he didn't feel hungry these days. The only thing he would do was use the restroom, cut himself once in a while, and play video games.

This behavior didn't go unnoticed though, as every member of the household took note of his recent reclusion, which greatly worried them. So they secretly investigate his behavior before quickly determining, by the signs he has shown, that he has depression. However, none of them knew how to help him when it was clear that he hated everyone there. So they compromised a bit. They knew that they had to build up trust with him first before they actually could help. So, with the plans they made prior (the plans from the meeting) in mind, they put their plan into action.