9.

*Kaylin's POV*

On the flight and all through church, it has occurred to me that I may have just gotten myself in a situation.

I handled Nolan, and he's not talking to me.

Maverick, and I quote. 'Be happy Darlin, just tell home boy to check himself if he's got a problem with me, I aint going no where.'

But the one I didn't think about, is the one I literally see on a daily basis.

Brayden.

If we're being honest, these last few months, Brayden has been like more of a boyfriend to me than a friend I casually fuck. We hang out like, 2-3 times a week, he and I go on dates that we don't refer to as dates because he wants to focus on school and hockey, I want to focus on work, school and skating, that is until now.

I think all of this has brought on how lonely I feel when in reality I'm not lonely at all.

So, for advice on this, I went to my mother away from my mother, and called Axels mom when I got to my studio.

"Hello my dear." She smiled.

"Hi Mama. I'm in need of some momming." I nodded.

"Lay it on me sweet cheeks." She set her phone up and folded her hands.

"As you know, I have recently agreed to go on a date."

"With?" She raised her eyebrows.

"Not important. But as you also know, I have this friend whom I go to for, stress relief."

She choked back a laugh. "Brayden."

"Si. I'm not sure, if I should talk to Brayden before said date, or go on the date, see if I'm feeling it, and then tell Brayden."

She pursed her lips and nodded. "Ok, so solution to your question which I am hoping will lead you to the right answer."

"Talk to me mama." I nodded.

"If something goes good with this guy, you end up together, and say, you get drunk and it happens to come out that you went on your first date while you were sleeping with someone else, an explosion happens, and it ends everything when all you had to do was have a conversation before your date. How would you feel?"

And I just stared at her, lips tucked. "So, talk to Brayden before the date."

"Good choice my love. Will you be at dinner tonight?"

"Wouldn't miss it." I smiled. "I appreciate you, I love you, grateful for you."

"As I am you." She blew me a kiss. "We'll talk about the Brayden conversation when you get here."

"You got it Mama." I waved and hung up.

I went and changed out of my church clothes in to comfy clothes to dance in, and headed right in to my studio.

I danced for maybe an hour until the bell for the door came on over the speakers and cut the music out.

I rushed to the door for the reception area, and I opened it to see Troy looking around.

I cleared my throat, and he turned around and smiled. "Well hi."

"Hello." I smiled.

"I believe you ordered this last night." He held my coffee out.

"That I did." I nodded and took it. "Come on in." I waved him in to the studio.

I led him in, and he just looked around. "Those are some big ass high heels." He laughed and pointed at my wooden heel light mirror.