Chapter 8

The group has now made it into Ironwood's Office, once they entered, Jaune and Ironwood walk up to his Desk, with Jaune nodding to Ironwood as the General now initiates the new part of the Operation, to use a certain Individual as a Spacegoat for all this. Jaune starts it off by placing a Holocommunicator on Ironwood's Desk. There, a Hologram plays of a meeting of some sorts, showcasing an Office. When Winter got a good look at the location in the Hologram, her eyes widen.

Winter: Wait, Father?

To her shock and surprise, the Individual she is seeing talking to the Bounty Hunters that have the Atlas Council hostaged, with some even getting killed, is none other than her Father, Jacques Schnee.

Jaune: Yes, Specialist. What you are seeing is real, your Father is the Man responsible for hiring these Bounty Hunters, for what purpose you may ask? To eliminate the Atlas Council so he can have a seat in its power. If you don't believe me, please pay attention what I'm going to show you.

He then plays the Hologram as they can hear the voice of Cad Bane in the Video.

Cad Bane: So why should I risk my life to take a bunch of greedy and arrogant Council Members hostaged? What benefit will it bring to you, Schnee?

Jacques: Simple, Mr. Bane. In a matters notice, the Council will have a re-election and I wish to have a seat in the Atlas Council. It will bring many benefits to me and the SDC as well as give me power to all of Atlas.

Cad Bane: And you want me to eliminate some of them so a seat needs to be filled.

Jacques: Yes, despite you being a FAUNUS. If you prove your worth to me by completing this Contract I have given you. I will make sure to continually hire your services and have you eliminate majority of the competition, sabotage those that will compete with the SDC, as well as cover up any wrongdoings of the SDC and keep people silent.

Cad Bane: Sounds like a lot of dirty work. But all in all, it's just business.

Jacques: Indeed, and remember, if you complete this task I will reward you with many riches anybody in Remnant could ask for. After all, we do control the Dust Supply in Remnant, so if you need Weapons and Ammunition, you can come to me. Call it a debt for getting me into this position.

Cad Bane can be seen removing the Toothpick from his mouth and standing up from the seat.

Cad Bane: Fine, we have a deal.

He then takes his leave but made sure to say this to Jacques.

Cad Bane: And remember, I want my full payment. Cad Bane doesn't work for free.

All that Jacques gave the Bounty Hunter was a nod.

From there, the Hologram stops as Jaune brings out a USB he got from his pocket.

Jaune: If you still don't believe me. This USB shows all the transactions that Jacques made, he also ensured it will not get out into the Public nor Military's hands. It's legit and it only took us a matters of seconds to find it. He may hide his wrongdoings to the people of Remnant, but to the Empire, no.

He hands over the USB to Ironwood as he went over to his Desk and inserted the USB in the Computer. The minute he did that, multiple Screens popped up, showcasing dozens of Logs, Files, and even Transactions that are enough evidence to incriminate Jacques for hiring the Bounty Hunters. Winter was shocked, but not surprised, knowing her Father would do such an action to get more power.

Clover: Yeah, judging by what I'm seeing here. Everything looks legit.

Ironwood: Even so, we cannot arrest Jacques now as we have to deal with the Council hostage situation. But once they are rescued, we will show them this evidence and I'm certain they won't be all too pleased that Jacques is the one responsible for this.