14. Shattered Hope

It was Monday, everyone was at school. They sat on the Bleacher. “Have anyone seen Sanya?” Brianna asked as she sat on Ranaldo’s lap and placed her hands around his neck.

“I haven’t seen her since yesterday.” Jevaun said.

“No.” Cole answered. Everyone else said that they had not seen her.

“She didn’t come home when she went for your mother yesterday.” Jevaun told Brianna. Brianna sighs.

“Sanya and mom got into a fight yesterday and she left.” Brianna said.

“Why did they get into a fight?” Jevaun asked.

“My accident.” Brianna said.

“That wasn’t her fault.” Cole said.

“I know, she was just angry that no one told her about it.”

The group sat there in silence. Jody and spot an angry Alehandro marching their way. “Guys,” she called, “look who is headed our way.” The group looked.

“Where is Sanya?” he asked once he reached them, “She knows not to keep me waiting.”

“Who the hell do you think you are?” Jevaun asked.

“Last time I checked, I’m Alehandro mother fucking Black. Now, where is she?”

“She’s not here.” Brianna told him.

“Then where is she?”

“We don’t know.” Kyle said.

“What do you want with her?” asked Cole.

“I just want to talk to her.”

“Just want to talk to her huh, have you forgotten that a day ago you tried to ruin her life.” Phillipe raged.

“Ruin her life, no, you got me all wrong. I lied to ruin her relationship with this freak, what does she see in you anyway?”

“Something that she never saw in you.” Jevaun said.

“And what’s that?”

“Love.” Brianna butted in. Alehandro scoffed, “I’ll go.” he said and went away.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Her screams echoed on the wall as the knife pierced her skin for the umpteenth time. Tears fell from her eyes, her mouth filled with blood.

“This is what you get for being such a bitch.” Andre laughed.

“Hey, I have an idea. Lend me your knife.” Sam said, Andre complied. Sam took the knife and ripped Sanya’s shirt open.

“Whoa. What are you doing?” Max asked.

“Relax.” Sam said. He used the knife to carve the word bitch into Sanya’s stomach. “Perfect.” he said.

“If I were you,” Sanya said coughing, “I would kill me, cause if you don’t, I’ll come back and kill you.”

“Ah, she thinks she’s cute.” Sam said punching her in the face.

“That’s enough Sam!” Max shouted.

“Shut up Max, nothing is enough. She killed our boss, our best friend’s father!”

“Sam, he’s right.” Andre intervened. “That’s enough.”

“If you say so. What are you going to do with her?”

“Let’s leave her boyfriend a little gift.”
“What do you mean by that?’ Max asked.

“We are going to take her to her boyfriend’s house and leave her there. Let's go.”

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Andrea was coming from the supermarket; she parked her car in the front yard. Once she got out of the car, she opened the passenger door and took out two bags of groceries. When Andrea came up to her doorway, she saw Sanya, clothes torn and all beaten-up. She gasped, dropped her groceries, and ran up to her.