2. Caught in a Crossfire

It was three days after the school dance and Ranaldo was thinking about what Jevaun had said. Ranaldo and Jevaun was the best of friends but it all ended because Jevaun started dating Sanya.  He misses his best friend and was ashamed of himself for abandoning him because of a girl. Ranaldo rang his once best friend cellphone and set up a date for them to go on a double date.

Brianna dressed in a casual wear and waited for her boyfriend to come pick her up. Ranaldo had informed her about the double date and she was so proud of him. The doorbell rang and Brianna rush to get it. Outside was Ranaldo, he also was dressed casually. “Hi babe.”

“Hi.”  Brianna blushed “You look nice.” she complimented.

“Thank you and you’re looking beautiful” Brianna blushed once again.

“Are we ready to go?” Ranaldo asked.
“Yup. Mom I’m leaving!”

“Ok honey be safe!”

“When am I not safe?” Brianna muttered to herself as she closes the door.

“So where are we going first?” She inquire as she got into the car “I’m going to pick up Jevaun first then we go to Sanya’s house to get her” Ranaldo  informed. The drive  to Jevaun’s was quick and silent. Jevaun wore casual clothes and white sneakers. He got into the car and greeted Brianna and Ranaldo.

“Where are we going for the date?” He asked

“At Brad's diner” Ranaldo responded

“Has anyone informs Sanya about this?” Jevaun asked holding onto the two front seats leaning forward

“You mean you haven't told her?” Brianna freaked

“Um no”

“Gosh. Who doesn't tell their girlfriend that they are having a double date?” Brianna sigh frustrated. The car went silent.

Sanya  stood outside leaning against her gate crying. All her emotions coming out: anger, sadness and pain. She could remember the argument with her father very well.

“He wants to marry you” her father had announced

“I can't marry him father, I have a boyfriend” Sanya said calmly

“Who, that good for nothing boy? He's just wasting your time”

“Well I'm in love with that good for nothing boy!”

“Love is for the weak!”

“I won't marry him!”

“You will leave that god forsaken kid and marry Alehandro!”

“We'll see.” Sanya said and walked away leaving her father stunned. She ran outside and lean against the gate crying, hence where she is now.

Sanya jumped when she heard the blowing of a car horn. She looked and saw a car parked before her, she knew this car. Jevaun came out of the car and walked towards her, Sanya walked towards him.

“Babe what's wrong?” He asked her

“I got into a fight with Dad” She told him

“Why are you guys here?” She then inquired

“We're going on a double date” Jevaun told her

“With Whyte?” Asked Sanya peering over Jevaun's shoulder “Yup”

“Whyte?” She echoed to see if she was hearing right

“Yes. Please babe say yes” Jevaun pouted

“Ok” Sanya laughed. They both got into the car.

“Hey Sam” Sanya greeted

“Hi” Brianna smiled

“Whyte”    “Yeah”