6 - Accident

I was in my WWE office. I've been feeling very tired lately. Yes, there was physical fatigue, but mostly psychologically. I guess I couldn't handle some things... Seth's betrayal. Hitting my back with that chair when I least expected it and when I was most vulnerable... that moment is still in my mind, it doesn't go away and I guess it will never go away. Now Brock. We used to be enemies. We hated each other to death. What has changed now? Why is he so nice to me? I'm so confused. God, my head is pounding.

There was a knock on the door and I called out "come in". My morale lifted when the familiar messy blonde hair entered. "Dean" he smiled and sat down on the couch.

"How are you Ro?"

"I'm fine.. I'm trying to be okay."

"You weren't with us at dinner yesterday."

"I wanted to eat with Brock"

He looked at me silently. After taking a deep breath, he continued speaking. "Look, Ro. I just want your well-being, okay. I'll be frank with you. I don't trust Brock. You shouldn't either. I think we both must have learned the hardest that people shouldn't be trusted easily. Right?"

The sound of the chair hitting suddenly echoed in my mind. I bowed my head. He was right. "You're right.." I whispered. "I don't know why I trusted him so quickly... I guess... I guess I just needed it. I was trying to forget what Seth did. I was trying to keep my brain busy maybe... I don't know."

He got up from the couch and came to me. "Ro. We've been through everything so far together, brother. We can get through this together. We don't need Seth or Brock. You don't need him. You can't trust him. Please stop this already. Please."

"Dean-"

"You don't have to answer right now, just think about what I said, okay?"

He left the room without another word. What am I going to do? He was right. But I wanted to trust Brock. It was very doubtful that he was this good all of a sudden. Looking back, Who has Brock teamed with before? 1 or 2 people maybe? He later betrayed them too. I really couldn't trust him.

I left my office and went to the training place inside the company. I needed to clear my mind a bit.

1 hour later*

Just as I was about to move on to leg work, the door opened. I looked at the door indifferently. Those who came were Authority. I turned my head and continued my exercise. I didn't feel like dealing with them right now. When I saw Seth after the morning's speech, I realized that I had tears in my eyes. Damn it. I really missed him so much. The damn bastard betrayed us, but I still love him. I took a shaky breath and stopped. It would be better if I washed my face. I headed towards the toilets in the locker room.

When I entered the locker room, Kane, Seth and Randy were packing up their training equipment. They looked at me sternly. Unlike me. Without looking at them, I went to the toilet and closed the door. I splashed water hard on my face and took deep breaths. I shouldn't have been this impressed. He was no longer the my baby brother I knew. He was the Authority's man. While I was kneeling in front of the sink, the door opened. I knew what was coming when I heard Randy's sarcastic voice.

"Look who I see"

I laughed sarcastically, "You definitely didn't see me coming in here, did you Randy?"

I felt a pain in my stomach when I heard Seth's soft chuckle. Randy came over and stood over me. I was still looking at the ground. "What is this, Roman? Is Brock making you tired?"

What the hell was he implying like that? "Randy, go away. I don't have the mood to deal with you right now."

He grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me to my feet. I looked at him with a grimace. He suddenly froze. Even though his hand on my wrist relaxed for a few seconds, he continued to squeeze it with the same hardness. "Did you cry?"