𝟏. 𝐮𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲

"you were so magnetic, it was almost obnoxious. 

flush with the currency of cool." 

- suburban legends by taylor swift 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

daisy

tagged: @gamecockwbb, @kamilla_cordoso, @chloe

tagged: @gamecockwbb, @kamilla_cordoso, @chloe.kitts, @tessajohnson9 and 14 others

likes: @uconnwbb, @gamecockwbb, @paigebueckers, @chloe.kitts and 6000 others 

@daisycombs22: these past 3 years at south carolina were some of the most beautiful blessings i've been graced with. basketball has always been a top priority for me, ever since i stepped foot on the court and decided it would be my future. but good things always have to end, so here is my last message to my sc family:

first and foremost, to family, you are the biggest supporters of my life! you guys have made it a priority to always provide me an opportunity at the end of the day to play basketball and i don't understand how i became blessed with the best family in the world. you will forever be in my hearts as the reason i am able to continue my dream and why i'm able to get up every morning. love you guys.

to coach staley, you are one of the biggest inspirations of my life. your work ethic, the way you pushed me to become my greatest self, on and off the court, is so impactful. for you, i have nothing but love and gratefulness. at south carolina, you have created such a beautiful legacy and i can't wait to see it prosper more in the next years.

to my teammates, my girls, and most importantly my best friends, i will miss you so much. playing basketball is hard but you guys make it feel like best decision a girl could make. we have all laughed and cried together and i couldn't ask god to give me better teammates. i truly and deeply feel love for each and everyone of you guys. thank you ❤️‍🩹

at south carolina, i was given the availability to learn and grow which i could never replace. thank you gamecocks, i got nothing but love.

#22 out ❤️

@uconnwbb, i'm more ready than ever. let's go huskies!!!!

 5 minutes ago 

----

after posting my last message to the public about my absence, i decided to quickly get off instagram before critics and hate began to flood my page. after announcing my leave from sc state, i've received such harsh comments about my lack of talent, stupidity for leaving, etc, and obviously, i took it pretty rough. i put my phone down on the placemat, trying to stop the already forming tears from reaching my cheek. i took a deep breath in and out. 

"honey, they don't know what they're talking about. don't stress about the past, stay positive and put energy in your future alright?" my dad reassured me with a back rub. i carefully snake my legs through the table opening to go into a slouched fetal position with my head against my knees. 

"yeah i know." i sighed softly. my dad caught onto my change in mood and instantly began talking about my new home to uplift my spirits. 

"so you're staying in a dorm with all the girls?" he asked while walking around the kitchen counter to the semi-full sink. i watched as he grabbed the sponge then began scrubbing the pan i used to make myself an over easy egg, which was a simple but go to meal when i had a big day, even if it was later in the day, like now. it was around 5 pm but an over easy egg does it for me anyday.

"yeah, why?" i asked. 

"oh nothing, it's just different from at sc state. you had your own dorm and stuff so i figured it was the same at uconn." i sighed again then cut off a piece of the egg and carefully put in my mouth so i could avoid the yolk spilling all over my uconn crewneck i received in the mail a few days ago. 

"no, coach auriemma said that the girls all share a big apartment since it helps with team building and such. also when we go on trips, it easier for all of us to meet and get ready you know?" i informed my busy dad who continued to scrub dishes. he nodded along as i talked more about the apartment but to be honest i couldn't stop thinking about the nerves that were boiling in my chest. 

out of the whole team, i only knew nika because of a photoshoot from a year or two ago about women in sports. we connected immediately and instantly followed each other on socials so since then, we've kept in touch. but for the rest of the team, i couldn't say the same. we all were mutuals since i've played them a few times in my past with sc state but never truly got to know any of them.  

nika and i texted a little bit back and forth since she already was informed i was committed to uconn. she told me she would pick me up from the airport once i landed and take me to the dorm so she could introduce me to some of the girls. 

i already had most of my things packed, so after my dad and i finished rambling about my now college, i popped in my AirPods. i scrolled through my apple music library to find my taylor swift playlist, immediately hitting shuffle so i can one: pretend to be taylor swift and two: get my distracted mind more relaxed. 

nobody was home besides dad and i today since milee, my younger sister was out shopping with friends and mom was at work until 5. it was peaceful in the house, which it typically is but during days like these, i can just really relax and take in everything around me. i had to catch my flight to conneticut tomorrow early at 7 am so i was just making sure everything i wanted to wear was laid out. 

i decided on my uconn crewneck that i was sent from the team, my leggings and my mini uggs so i can stay comfy on the flight, even if i looked a little bummy. comfort is key! 

after finishing packing, i decided to take a final shower and get in bed early so i could be well rested for my long flight tomorrow. i took out my new book i was reading to try and still be productive but just ended up falling dead asleep, mind still racing about my decision. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

authors note: hi guys! a short but needed chapter so we could get a little glimpse in daisy's complex mind :) i had to redo the first chapter so i could set up the story properly so re read if you must! love u all, vote and comment ofc!