𝟑. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"i'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. i'll spend 

forever wonderin' if you knew, 

i was enchanted to meet you." 

- enchanted by taylor swift 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

daisy 

the flight from LAX to Bradley Airport in connecticut felt never ending but mostly consisted of me aimlessly scrolling through tiktok and instagram. 

last night, i fell asleep around 7 pm so i was well rested for the 5 and a half hour flight to hartford. i couldn't sleep on the plane because my anxiety while flying was extremely heightened so i tried to distract myself with social media. when i landed, nika said she would be waiting for me outside of my gate so she could help me find my way through the foreign airport  

yesterday, we briefly texted about pick up plans when she mentioned that she was going to bring her friend on the team with her to meet me. i was nervous because i wanted to make good first impressions but she then she told me that it was paige and my nerves were out of the roof. 

paige was one of the top players in the country. she had numerous titles to her name which made her intimidating amongst meeting her. i played her a few times but mostly sat benched since i didn't really have much play time but from what i could remember, she was extremely tall and a tough player to guard with her excellent shooting skills that were unmatched in my opinion. i remember i would watch her slam documentry about hopkins in high school and admire her skill and work ethic towards our shared sport. 

i was caught in a daydream but quickly snapped out of it once the pilot announced we landed smoothly. i picked the front of the airplane so once i was given the green light to get my bag, i quickly springed up and unlatched the baggage the compartment so i could awkwardly grab my white luggage and make my way off the plane. 

hauling the heavy load behind me, i made my way out of the gate exit. i tucked my hair behind my ear trying to spot nika through the flood of people sitting for their next flight. i glanced around but suddenly heard a familiar voice shout my name to my right. i made a 180 to see nika waving her arms in the air to get my attention and i quickly trekked the 20 feet i needed to get to her. paige stood tall with a toothy smile plastered on her face when nika pulled me into a long hug. 

"hi daisy! oh my gosh, it's so good to see you again!!" she pulled back and playfully shoved my shoulder. "look at you hottie!" she winked. i blushed slightly and giggled at the appreciated compliment. "you look good, daisy." paige agreed, breaking the silence that she kept when i first walked up. i flashed a smile and stepped towards her to give her a welcoming hug. 

"thank you guys! and it's nice to meet you paige, i know we haven't really formally talked in our past meetings." i chucked. "it's not a problem, combs" she assured me. i looked back at her with a cheerful smile. 

nika looked at both of us with a smirk. "daisy, do you want me to get your bag? you're probably tired of carrying it." she offered. 

"that would be great, thanks nika!" i replied. she grabbed the heavy white bag the three of us began to walk towards the airport exit, all simultaneously agreeing that we needed to get food. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ 

i lifted my suitcase into the trunk of nika's car then pushed it in farther so it could fit along with my other belongings. i gave an exhausted sigh with hand on my forehead. i haven't done weigh lifting in so long but was surprised how a 15 pound suitcase took me out.