𝟓. 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞

"message in a bottle, is all i can do

standing here hoping it gets to you."

- message in a bottle by taylor swift

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

daisy

it was still quiet in the dorm with the doors closed but i heard more noise than earlier. specifically, coming from kk's room. i finished the water in my hand then heard an out roar of laughter. i scrunched my eyes, trying to think what the laughter was coming from.

i set my glass in the sink then curiously peeked my head down the hall to see if i saw anyone but not a soul in sight. i walked down the hallway to find what i was hearing laughter about.

yes, i was nosy. yes, i'll admit it.

i landed in front of kk door where i heard more laughter erupting. i knocked twice before the door swung open where i saw kk, paige, and ice all scattered across the room with a phone lit up against the dresser.

was that a tiktok live?

"oh hey!!!" kk said. she walked over to the dresser and announced to the live that it was the newest and finest transfer. "make some noise for my new best friend daisy combs!!!"

i laughed under the door frame, looking at the live. "whatcha' guys doing?" i asked. ice resumed scrolling playfully on her phone, blasting tiktok sounds. "oh you know, just on kk's live." i looked over at the blonde who already gave me butterflies from just sitting and gawking at the phone.

paige looked up at me with cheerful eyes then motioned me to come sit on the bed next to her. i shuffled over to the spot when she told me to sit but made sure i had a good view of the phone. kk began reading out comments in a lower voice. "daisy are you excited to be at uconn?" kk looked over at me which i realized she was waiting for an answer. i bent down closer to the phone and replied to the comment.

"yes, i'm very excited to be at uconn." i announced. i read the comments as kk did out loud and i couldn't lie, kk's followers were some of the funniest people i've heard from. we sat around for a good 30 minutes just reading and responding to questions.

"daisy, who are you most excited to play with?" i read out then continued. "that's a good question." paige looked at the live and laughed with confidence. she threw her arm around me again, which seemed to be her signature move, and answered for me.

"she's excited to play with me the most." i looked at her and laughed. "yeah okay, i never said that." i looked to the camera and continued, "guys don't believe her."

i could feel paige's jaw drop as she looked at me and folded her arm around me neck, almost like in a headlock position then playfully shook me. kk kept openly staring at the comments the fans were putting in the live.