Chapter 02: Old Habits Die Hard

Another new chapter
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahlia's POV (Edited)

My back turned towards the source of the very familiar voice. Turning around, I found a very lean yet muscular body. Clad in a crisp navy blue tuxedo with his silky and shiny hairs styled perfectly. His brownish eyes sparkling under the bare moonlight.

My eyes raked down on his entire from head to toe. The faint thudding of my heart seemed to be the only sound coming through my ears right now. The rest was just static. A loud clearing of throat pulled me out of my trance

"Can't help but feel fascinated by me, Mia Cara?"

The same velvety yet annoying voice spoke disturbing the trance I was in. My face turned hard. The usual cold exterior coming back into place. I rolled my eyes before answering

"Still like to live in delusions, I see?"

Daniel's lips turned up into an amusing smirk before his brown eyes shone yet again.

"Ah! I see you're also not out of your denial phase."

That's how it was between me and Daniel. Daniel Evan Davenport. A striving businessman. And a total pain in my neck. It's no doubt he's a talented, super intelligent tycoon. Yet his 'I'm-always-right' personalities seemed to be a turn off. Atleast, for me.

He's also my childhood best friend. My father was well accuintanced with the Davenport's. Maybe, they were the only prestige and noble friend of my father. Otherwise, my father had a habit to ignore the jewels and looked for the trash. I don't know how he managed to strike such a good and tight friendship bond with them.

Daniel and I met when I first went to the Davenport's house. He was descending down the stairs while I was just standing in the lounge area. We both kind of hook off at the instant. Since then, we were friends. Or more like he was my best friend.

After what happened with my mom and dad, we shifted from our house. Daniel did come to meet me but having mom fighting depression and people's taunts and I was trying to be there for her, distances enlarged between us. And then after my mom death, when I came back to my father's house, I found him.

And then everything changes.

The sound of the snapping fingers again brought me out of my trance. Daniel was now standing one inch closer to me. His cologne wafted into my inner space. I took a step back before his cologne or eyes could try to distract me.

"Why did you stop me?"

I asked while crossing my arms around my chest. Daniel's eyes raked down my outfit before settling back on my face. His eyes turned a subtle shade darker. I tried not to seem affected by it.

"I came here to say hi."

Daniel replied. But I know it was not in the slightest way possible truth. I narrowed my eyes before retorting back

"You're lying."

Daniel sighed before he smiled sheepishly. Once again, the dimple on his right cheek appeared creating havoc into my insides. I still maintained my calm. For God's sake, he's just my friend. Well, old friend now.

He finally took something out of his back. I had noticed that he was hiding his one arm when he approached me. When he finally revealed what it was, I was stunned for a while. It was a beautiful bouquet of flowers. And not just one flower, it was filled with numerous kinds of flowers.

Like you can name one and I'm sure this bouqet will have it. It was so huge and smelled so amazing. Also, it was super beautiful. I tried not to feel affected by it. But it was so beautiful. And it attracts my attention.