Chapter 04: Midnight Memories

A very late update
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahlia's POV (Edited)

Since the night, Daniel dropped me back to my house, we hadn't talked. It's not like we ever talked. Not anymore. Maybe, it's for the best. Daniel and I now don't share the previous bonding as in our past. Time change. We changed. It was so over the line that he dropped me home.

I know that I didn't put up enough fight like I should've. But that's the thing with him. I seemed to lose control. I can't keep a leash on my inner feelings and somehow they always managed to come at the worst time. And that is when Daniel is in the frame.

That night, as soon as he stopped the car at the entrance of my house, I immediately stepped out. I knew he would try to initiate a conversation which I was in no mood for. So, call me a coward, but I really don't want to talk. It was enough that he dropped me. Having a conversation like there's nothing wrong between us would be inappropriately awkward and totally non ethical.

I could see the trace of his hard jawline as I glanced at him from the window. It looked like he was about to say something but the same moment, I stepped out of the car slamming the door at his face. I should've apologized for my insulting attitude but thinking it might be for the best, I decided to go on with other sentence

"Thanks for dropping me."

His face never turned towards me. He was facing the front of the car without making any eye contact with me. I could see he was holding the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles turned white. But I didn't pay attention to it. I shouldn't.

He barely nodded his head before I heard the familiar car starting noise and he disappeared through the seconds. A heavy breath escaped my life before I lesuirely paved my way towards the main door. I was knackered and needed a fresh warm shower to sooth my aching muscles. As soon as I reached my room, I took out some comfortable clothes from my walk in closet and headed for a nice and warm shower.

By the time, I was done, my eyes were drooping from sleep and my head was already paining. Taking a sleeping medication, I hit the bed. And in no time, I was pulled in the deep valley of slumber.

••••

Four days after, I'm here in my room getting ready. Choosing to wear a red pantsuit with my brunette hairs silky and open, I applied mascara, blush and a tinge of lip gloss. As a model, my skin had always been familiar with lots of makeup, so that's why I rarely apply makeup myself. I liked to give my skin place to breathe.

Since, I have a shoot today, I won't be able to work in my fashion boutique. Handling two jobs simultaneously might be challenging and somewhat tiring, but I had always liked glamour and fashion. Being a fashion model and designer gave peace and happiness to my mind and soul. I loved both of my professions equally.

Grabbing my phone, I descended downstairs. Since, I lived alone, I made my own breakfast which consist of a plate of waffles along with nicely cut bananas, strawberries and black berries. As I poured my black coffee into the mug, my phone pinged. Checking the caller id, I was not surprised my friend, Joselyn aka Josie calling me.

Picking up the call, I exclaimed

"Hey!"

"Hi! I just got back from Paris. Wanna meet?"

Josie is an architecture by profession. She was recently appointed for a project in Paris. It's been two months since she's been there and true to be say, I missed her. She's the only person who is really sincere and down to earth. She's more like my sister.