Chapter Three: Reunited once more

Chapter Three

September 1st was finally here, and the students of Hogwarts were rearing up to return to their beloved school. Kings Cross Station was already filling up with many more people than usual. Matty was packing up the rest of her things and making sure she didn't leave anything behind. She heard her father call her name from downstairs and knew that was her call and it was time to go.

With a final goodbye to her beloved cat, Callie, Matty left her room for the last time for the foreseeable future. She didn't know if she'd be back for the holidays this year or on another occasion so she just assumed she wouldn't be back until the summer.

Howard helped her take her things out and they packed them up into the carriage. They traveled with the McGowans to Kings Cross Station, being hit with the sight of several people the moment they pulled up to the station.

Matty recognized several of the students around, although she had never talked to many of them personally. But they shared knowing glances, acknowledging each other and why they were there.

After getting through to platform Nine and Three-quarters, Hope and Matty's things were packed up into the train and they grabbed their bags that they'd keep on them for the ride. And then, it was time to go.

"Make sure to write, visit when you can, and say hi to all of your friends for me," Ada said, hugging her daughter tightly.

"And focus on your education." Howard reminded his daughter, "That's always important."

Ada nodded her head. "Yes, yes that is important but don't waste yourself away." She said, looking down at Matty. "Make sure you have some fun too, alright? Give your all in Quidditch, I want to hear about some wins."

Matty chuckled and nodded her head. "I will," She replied. She hugged her father before saying goodbye to both of them, telling them that she loved and would miss them, and then turning to board the train with Hope.

Finding an open train compartment was always difficult since there were so many students, but luckily they spotted Garreth entering one of the compartments and so they walked down the hall and opened the cabin door. Only Garreth and Leander were seated in there, leaving just enough room for Matty and Hope.

"It's so good to see you!" Matty said, hugging both of the boys before sitting down across from them. Both Garreth and Leander looked considerably older, and she swore Leander looked at least two inches taller. A few months really was all someone needed to look a lot different.

"It's good to see you too," Garreth said with a smile on his face. Matty knew who he was truly happy to see, and she grinned quite a bit after noticing his big smile.

Sometimes Matty wondered if Hope and Garreth were already in some sort of relationship as they most certainly acted like it. But she knew that Hope had mentioned waiting until graduation to start anything serious with anybody. But after all, this was their seventh and final year at Hogwarts.

The four of them talked on the way to school to pass the time. Mostly sharing stories from the summer, exciting things that had happened, or simply things they had enjoyed.

The subject of London's mysterious murders came up and the four of them speculated about what could possibly be going on to provoke such things or who was committing them in the first place. Leander and Garreth, who knew little to nothing about muggle investigation seemed particularly interested in hearing about it and for a brief moment forgot that they were supposed to be concerned.

The train ride was long but finally, it pulled into the Hogsmeade station, and the students began to grab their things and flow out of the train. Matty grabbed her bag and slung the strap over her shoulder.