Chapter 18.

A hand turned the doorhandle to the Gas Production Zone and slowly opened the door.

The moment (Y/N) stepped through the doorway, chills went down his spine, like a signal telling him he is about to head into danger.

Each step the boy took echoed all throughout the corridor he had just entered, and the feeling of dread started creeping up his shoulders.

In front of the giant gas producing machine, (Y/N) looked left and right, trying to figure out where to put the battery Ollie has given him.

To his right side he found a big socket in the wall with a blue outline, and that was enough to let him know that the battery goes there.

Approaching the socket, (Y/N) tried placing the large battery into it, but while doing so, the door next to him broke down, making him jump and drop the battery, and also back up when he noticed who it was. CatNap.

The next second the cat released his red gas from his mouth, coating himself and the room with it, prompting our protagonist to throw the mask on for protection.

When CatNap appeared from the gas he created, he looked even more terrifying than he already did. His legs and tail got longer and thinner, making him look like a spider, his head got a little bit larger and his smile was... longer and more sinister now. His body looked like he was starving for ages. The four feet of his now also had claws, adding to the scary factor.

 The four feet of his now also had claws, adding to the scary factor

'He's also.. colorless? Was this what Mommy.. no, Marie saw? No wonder she went through all of that.'

Looking at the exit, it somehow got barricaded, so (Y/N) had to look for a different way to escape. And that alternative route was the elevator to the left of the giant machine in the middle of the room. 

Running over, (Y/N) pressed the button to open the gate multiple times until it did so, and jumped on, pressing the 'go' button. The stomping of CatNap behind him made him almost shit his pants, because the gates were the slowest thing he ever encountered.

Luckily though, the gates closed in time and the elevator started going upwards, but what caught (Y/N) off guard was CatNap climbing up on the fence that separated the two.

To (Y/N)'s relief though, the cat toy couldn't follow him any longer, because the ceiling separated the two.

The gate of the elevator opened to a hallway that was still filled with the red gas. Cautiously walking down it, (Y/N) could feel that something big was going to happen.

The hallway lead to big room, which had even more corridors. To the left of (Y/N) was a screen. Text started appearing as the familiar voice of Poppy was heard.

"I hope this is coming through... There's no time to waste. CatNap is on his way. The room you're in used to be a sort of panic room. It's... not what it used to be, but it can protect you. Learn how it works. Try putting the batteries in the different glowing spots."