VI. Return

The next day, Po and Tigress were heading home.

Tigress had actually convinced a salesman in a nearby town to take the two brothers in for a job. They will now be walking around the town to advertise products, food or whatever it now might be. They seemed to be happy with it, and the fact they can now make a living. So they thanked Tigress for her understanding and helping.

"I can't explain how happy I am to have you back, Tigress." Po said with the most sincere tone she had ever heard.

Tigress smiled at him. *nod*

After a few hours they had reached that very same river Po had been sleeping at a few days earlier. They decided to settle for the night. Po made the campfire and Tigress simply meditated by it, having nothing to do.

The moon wasn't visible on the night sky tonight, perhaps it's on the other side of their world. With the moon gone their surroundings plunges into darkness.

It wasn't until Po finally, after many tries, succeeded in lighting the fire that he could see properly again. That's when Po saw her sit by the fire and take deep breaths.

She still wore the same clothes as when Po first found her, she was covered in black. Crimson-red lotuses were proudly decorated onto the fabric. She also wore a red headband, tied behind her ears.

She didn't seem bothered or distracted by the cracking fire in front of her, only calmed.

Po continued glaring at her and her new clothing style.

"Why are you staring at me?" she asked, keeping her eyes shut.

"I'm not st- wait how did you know?"

"I can tell. You're usually very quiet when you're looking at someone."

"Oh."

She opened her eyes and sank her head down, keeping her gaze locked at him. She seemed to be awaiting an answer to her question.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Po asked, his paws curling up against eachother behind his back.

She shook her head but continued gazing at him.

"Was it about the staring?"

*Nod*

"Ahh, well.. It's just.. your new clothes..."

"What about them?"

"I just, thought they looked nice... But you will change back before we return, right?"

"Yes."

"Great." Po replied. "I don't want the others to start wondering."

A chilly breeze blew through the forest, causing Po to shiver.

"Are you freezing?" Tigress asked with a caring voice.

"Y-Yeah." Po replied, hugging himself.

"Come here." Tigress gestured. "Sit down by the fire." she said and clapped the ground beside her.

Po walked forth, beside the fire and down next to Tigress.

They both watched the small fire crack in front of them, small sparks flying out from time to time.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Tigress asked.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"A fire may be violent and dangerous if let loose, but if under control during a cool summer night like this, they sit just perfect.

"Yep." Po replied and nodded looking at a spark flying out of the fire, only for it to land on the ground and disappear.

"I must admit I've missed you as well, Po." Tigress confessed, keeping her gaze at the fire.

Po felt his heart flutter to that comment. Though he kept silent.

"During this trip of mine, I've come to the conclusion that I've..." she began. "I don't know how to word it correctly." she said but shrugged it off. "I've gained some insight in myself, and so on."

Po thought she would say something else, but being the kindhearted soul he is, he shrugged that thought off and listened to what she had to say.

The warm air from the fire surrounded Po, warming him up. But suddenly he sensed another warm feeling against his left arm. Tigress had leaned onto him, both watching the fire.

They spent a few seconds in silence, before Tigress spoke up. "I've come to the conclusion that after all of these years, I've grown to like you." she said and looked up at him. Po looked at her, her head placed on his left shoulder. Po smiled and leaned his head against hers.

"Took you long enough." Po lightly joked.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

The next day, Tigress woke up in Po's embrace, Po snoring slightly. Figuring they still had to leave for the Jade Palace, she tried to peck at him with one of her claws.

Po woke up, finding it hard to open his eyes and readjust to the daylight.

"Morning, sleepyhead." she joked and rose up onto her feet.

"M-morning." *yawn*

Po rose up as well and stretched.

"Let's go, shall we?" Po asked.

Tigress looked at the campfire, only a small pillar of smoke rising from it. "Yes, let's head out of here."

They walked for the rest of the day, stopping by a few villages to eat and rest before continuing their journey. Their faces had bright smiles upon spotting the Jade Palace from afar, causing them to run the remaining path. Po soon reached the palace, surprising everyone by bringing their one and only Master Tigress back.

Po had indeed succeeded in bringing Tigress back, once again showing what he's made of and that he's capable of doing anything, even if it meant bringing an old friend who decided to just randomly head off, return.