Chapter 10 : Trauma

Kane's POV

I threw two twenty foot long chains all around us, burning anyone who came close. Gale froze up so I couldn't do anything but focus on defense. 

I glanced at her, she was kneeling on the ground covering her head with her arms. I felt through our mate bond that she was in distress, but I couldn't tell from what. Did she get injured somewhere I didn't know about?

I bit my lip as I dodged a sword and wrapped a chain around a wolf's neck, putting heat into it burning him to a crisp. I materialized chains that floated around me like serpents, shooting them at the cannibals like bullets. I felt a sharp pain in my back, I turned around to see a short man with a cleaver covered in my blood.

I groaned and lashed at him with a chain, killing him instantly. I touched my back, the bleed already stopped since the weapon was made out of sliver but it still stung. I looked around me, the wolves began to trap us in a circle. They learned to stay out of the reach of my chains and started throwing weapons at me.

I dodged a knife as I whirled around my chains. Crap this is bad. I glanced over at the others, they were all off busy with their own battles, either laughing or screaming. The fighting didn't seem like it was going to die down anytime soon. Roan's forces were still going strong but the cannibal pack was also in the hundreds too, yet it seemed like almost half of them were going after me and my mate.

I growled,"She's mine."

"You're useless Kane."

My eyes immediately darted to Gale who changed, again. Her eyes harden, she looked stronger and more confident, with eyes burning with hatred. She "switched".

She pulled her hair away from her face and scanned our surroundings. Then she stood up cracking her neck, growling,"You can't even protect her right."

She then walked in front of me, this person who not even a few seconds ago, who stood small, frail, and weak. Now stood with confidence and stride. She glanced at me and said,"Watch how it's done."

She bolted immediately in front of us, the wolves didn't have time to react as she phased her hand into one's heart. The man gasped in shock as a gaping hole appeared in his chest. He collapsed and the others stood there in shock probably thinking their screwed.

A woman with a bow and quiver yelled,"Don't panic!! Her ability must have a limit-"

Gale phased her hand through her throat and pulled out blood, killing her instantly. The other roared in anger and all started to attack her at once, the group with around fifty werewolves stood no chance against her.

One jumped in the air with a sword, yelling,"I'm going to eat your face!!"

Gale let him phase through her, knocking two people to the ground. She then phased her hands through someone's eyes, blinding them. She then went around grabbing werewolves hearts and crushing them. She was like a ghost, no one could touch her yet she could kill everyone else with ease.

She phased through a guy's axe and grabbed the axe and swung it at him, cutting off his head. A girl had some sort of teleporting ability kept zipping all around her trying to find an opening. Gale's eyes followed her as she teleported from place to place, ignoring everyone who was trying to attack her. She then suddenly disappeared, slipping into the ground, this shocked the wolf who hesitated, then she was stabbed in the heart by Gale who appeared right behind her. 

The other werewolves then lunged at Gale who made quick work of them. In about ten minutes, Gale killed over fifty werewolves by herself. With an ability she had almost never used before now.