"Do not underestimate me."

-

-

-

-

Zurayeh's breaths grew heavier as she felt herself becoming increasingly unsettled. His intense gaze made her feel like she was some precious treasure on a pirate's map. She wrestled with the urge to push him away, but a nagging doubt crept into her mind: would she regret it if she did?
I̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶u̶c̶h̶

"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚"

-

-

Her gaze remained fixated on him, tracing every contour of his face, the curve of his lips, the intensity of his eyes, and the tiny wound on his cheekbone that she had inflicted earlier with her crysknife. Sensing his grip tightening around her jaw, she instinctively placed both hands on his tense, muscular arm. His gaze met hers as he loosened his grip ever so slightly.

"It's as if you're playing tricks on me," he whispered, his gaze a bit warmer now, a hint of vulnerability in his tone. He brought her face slightly up to meet his as he now leaned in closer.
"What—" she began, her voice trailing off as she was abruptly interrupted.

He was now kissing her

Zurayeh's eyes widened, her heart racing like an earthquake. She felt his gaze as he closed his eyes, but she kept hers open, waiting. With her hands on his forearm and his hand under her jaw, he kissed her, but she didn't kiss him back. His other hand reached her head as she held onto his arms.
Their breaths quickened, the tension rising. Despite his advances, Zurayeh couldn't shake off her growing paranoia.

He drew closer to her, their bodies almost touching. She removed her hands from his arms and placed them on his chest as she now pushed him off. He stumbled back, surprised by her sudden resistance. She stood there, breathing heavily, glaring at him as he adjusted himself, fixing his gaze on her. His breathing was steady, unlike hers.

"Was that your best effort, Zurayeh?" He goaded, his voice dripping with desire

"Don't you dare underestimate me, Feyd."
She replied, refusing to let his arrogance get the best of her. Feyd smirked, a spark of amusement dancing in his eyes, but there was some coldness attached to it.

"I wouldn't dream of it, Fremen." He retorted smoothly.

-

-

-

FEYD RAUTHA'S POV WHILE WHAT WAS HAPPENING

As he leaned in to kiss her for the first time, his heart pounded with nervous anticipation. Despite his nerves, he maintained his cold gaze, masking any hint of apprehension. With his hand still under her jaw, he kissed her passionately, savoring the moment even as he knew it was irresponsible.

"I shouldn't be doing this. This is irresponsible, especially after everything I've learned about these sand rats. Before this Fremen, you'd sooner have to stab me than find me in such a compromising position. So why not now?"

"Why do I not crave the pain of a blade piercing my flesh at this moment? Why is it that, for the first time, I find solace in this forbidden embrace?"

~

He continued to kiss her fervently, his other hand gently cradling the side of her head, drawing her even closer until their bodies were pressed tightly together.

This is the kind of kiss that makes me think oxygen is overrated

Out of nowhere, she pushed him away, catching him off guard yet somehow not entirely surprising him. He stumbled back slightly, glaring at her.

BACK TO ZURAYEH'S POV

She took a deep breath, her glare unwavering as she adjusted herself, refusing to back down. He met her gaze for a moment before looking away, rubbing his chin in frustration. With a scoff, he turned and walked out of the room, leaving her alone.

She watched him go, feeling a wave of relief wash over her. Outside, voices carried from the hallway as others conversed. She rubbed her head and jaw, still feeling the warm imprint where his hand had rested moments before.

As she moved to leave, the sound of voices outside grew louder. Suddenly, the door swung open, and the enforcers entered the room.
Without a word, they took hold of her, leading her away. As they walked, she couldn't shake the memory of her encounter with Feyd, his touch still lingering on her skin. Her mind were filled with questions.

-

-

Hey, I would appreciate if you would read my other fanfics that I'm working on, it's marvel.
To be continued