SEVENTEEN: Missing Orb

============================

In the midst of the chaotic scene, Jeo diligently secured your restraints to a sturdy pole. However, his focus was abruptly interrupted by a searing pain shooting through his shoulder. Startled, he glanced down to discover an arrow embedded in his flesh, blood trickling down the wound. Gasping, he instinctively released his grip on you, clutching his injured shoulder.

" Who did that?" he bellowed, his eyes scanning the surroundings in search of the assailant. In the distance, a group of Las Ventas soldiers charged towards the camp, led by a tall figure with striking black and white hair, wielding a bow. It was none other than Eret Vangiance, the esteemed prince of Nevada.

Unbeknownst to Jeo, Eret had initially aimed his arrow at Jeo's heart, but an unexpected shift in the wind caused him to miss his intended mark. Nevertheless, the arrow had inflicted enough damage to divert Jeo's attention, granting you a fleeting opportunity to escape.

Eret's presence ignited a spark of hope within you as you witnessed him and his men advancing towards the camp. Swiftly freeing yourself from the restraints, you darted away in a random direction, seeking safety and sanctuary.

Ensuring your well-being, Eret hastened towards the area where the prisoners were held captive. His gaze fell upon Toby and Thomas, their bodies bruised and battered from the ordeal. With deftness, he severed the ropes that bound them, assisting them in standing upright.

"Are you both unharmed?" he inquired, his tone laced with genuine concern and a tinge of irritation.

"We'll manage," Thomas muttered, his voice tinged with shame, eliciting a snicker from Eret at the boy's prideful demeanor.

"I'm grateful that you came for us," Toby praised, wiping away the blood that stained his nose. "You're a hero, big bro."

Eret's response was laced with humility as he shook his head. "No, I am merely fulfilling my duty. And refrain from addressing me in such a manner. Our shared bloodline does not automatically grant you the privilege of being considered a member of the esteemed Vangiance heritage." His words dripped with cold detachment. "Let us depart from this place."

Eret and his companions made their way to the outskirts of the camp, where their loyal steeds patiently awaited their escape. Mounting their horses, they prepared to ride away, only to be halted by a thunderous roar.

"Stop them! Do not let them escape!" a commanding voice echoed, belonging to none other than Geron. Despite his limp, he limbered towards them, brandishing his sword with unwavering determination. A dozen of his men followed suit, weapons poised for battle.

Eret's gaze locked with Geron's, a fiery exchange of animosity and resentment. "So, you are the infamous Eret Vangiance, the sole prince of Nevada," Geron sneered. "A coward and a traitor. You will pay for the harm you have inflicted upon my comrade."