Chapter 22

Kook: "Taehyung!" he shouted, eyes flying open as he jolted awake. His chest heaved with heavy, ragged breaths as he looked around wildly. It had just been a dream.

He was back in their room, the darkness only broken by the glow of moonlight. Relief washed over him as he realized it had all been a horrific nightmare. His precious was okay...he was right here safe and sound...

Kook turned his head frantically toward Tae's side of the bed, desperate to lay eyes on his precious face, to feel the reassuring warmth of his babybear's body. But the sheets were tousled and empty beside him, sending a fresh wave of panic crashing through his still-frazzled senses.

Kook: "P-Precious?" He called out in a trembling voice, struggling to catch his ragged breaths as tears blurred his vision once more.

"Baby, where are you?"

Throwing the covers off, kook stumbled out of bed, his shaky legs barely able to support his weight. With unsteady footsteps, he made his way into the hall, frantically checking each room for any sign of tae.

Kook: "Precious? Answer me, please!" He cried out desperately, choking back a sob when only silence answered his pleas.

Surely the nightmare couldn't have been some sort of twisted reality? His baby had to be here, he had to...

Kook's panicked search eventually led him to the living room, and the sight that met his eyes made his knees buckle in relief. There on the couch was his tae, bathed in the soft glow of the TV as some old shows played quietly in the background.

Tae was curled up in that oversized hoodie kook loved so much, eyes closed and features completely relaxed, the way they looked when he was in a deep, peaceful sleep. He was alive and okay; kook's precious hadn't gone anywhere.

Kook: "Oh god... precious!", kook could barely choke out the words through his tears as he stumbled over, falling to his knees beside the couch.

At the sound of his name, Tae startled slightly, eyes fluttering open in sleepy confusion. As soon as he focused on Jungkook's crumpled form before him, tears streaming endlessly down his reddened face, Tae instantly sat upright in concern.

Tae: "Koo? Baby, what's wrong?" He rasped, voice thick because he had just woken up as his brows furrowed in concern.

"Why are you crying, sweetheart?"

Before Tae could even register what was happening, Jungkook lunged forward to gather him into a bone-crushing hug, body shaking with renewed sobs of relief.

He buried his face into the crook of Tae's neck, inhaling that comforting, familiar scent in desperate gulps as he clung to his precious with every ounce of strength he possessed.

Kook: "I t-thought I lost you...oh god, precious...", he choked out between gasping breaths as he pressed frantic, fleeting kisses to every inch of warm skin his lips could reach.

"You w-were gone and I couldn't...I just..."

Tae: "Shhh, shhh...I'm right here, baby. I'm okay," he instantly soothed, catching on that kook was coming down from some sort of traumatic nightmare.

He wrapped his arms tightly around the trembling man's waist, running a soothing hand up and down his back as their bodies melted together.

Tae: "You just had a bad dream, Koo. But I've got you now.."

Listening to Tae's comforting voice and feeling his steady heartbeat against his own fast one started to calm Jungkook down and bring him back to reality.

He melted further into his precious's warmth, letting the tears continue to flow as his hands shakily explored every part of Taehyung's body, reassuring himself that it was all real.

Kook: "There was...an a-accident," he whimpered softly, his shaky fingers gently running through Tae's messy haie.

He needed the comfort of those details, no matter how horrifying they were to recall.

Kook: "I got a call saying you were in the hospital. And when I got there you were...you were..."

He trailed off in a choked sob, unable to finish as the images of Taehyung lying lifeless and bruised in that hospital bed flashed through his mind.

Unwilling to relive the nightmare any further, kook just desperately pulled Tae impossibly closer, breathing him in.

Tae: "Hey...hey now, it's alright," he murmured, tenderly brushing the tears from Jungkook's flushed cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

He leaned in to press his forehead against kook's, hoping the close contact would help his koo.

Tae: "I'm alive and perfectly okay, gorgeous. I'm right here holding you, feeling your heart beating with mine. Nothing is ever gonna take me away, you hear me?" whispered lovingly.

Jungkook sniffled softly but nodded, allowing Tae's soothing words to slowly seep in and calm his battered psyche.

He tilted his head to capture Tae's lips in a deep, needy kiss, trying to convey all the love and bone-deep relief he felt with the firm press of their mouths.

When they finally parted, their lips were so close, they could feel each other's breath.

Kook gazed deeply into Tae's warm, unwavering eyes as he whispered the words burning in his soul.

Kook: "I can't lose you, precious...not ever. I wouldn't survive it," he whispered softly with his love filled eyes.

"You're everything to me...my whole world. Never leave me or else I will di--."

Before he could complete tae pulled him into another passionate kiss, this one full of unspoken forever's and reassurance.

When they separated once more, he gathered Jungkook's face in his palms, staring at him with an intensity that made kook's breath hitch.

Tae: "I won't leave you, Jeon Jungkook. I promise with all my heart. We'll be together forever, even after everything in the world is gone".

Feeling comforted by Tae's words and touches, Kook started to relax little by little. He let out a shuddering sigh, tucking his face against the warm skin of Tae's neck.

Kook: "Never leave me, my precious," he whispered softly.

"Need you too much."

Tae: "Oh my baby...I'm yours, forever and always," Tae vowed with conviction, tilting Kook's face up to meet his earnest gaze.

He brushed away the tears on those plush cheeks with the pads of his thumbs.

Tae: "All you have to do is open those pretty eyes and I'll be right here. I promise."

Unable to find the words, Kook simply nodded before leaning up to capture Tae's lips in a soft, tender kiss full of gratitude and love.

As they slowly parted, Tae pulled Kook closer, cocooning his smaller frame fully.

Kook: "I love you so much precious".

Tae: "I love you more my baby", pecked kook's forehead.

______________________________________________________

So, do you like it? 😃

Do vote and comment

.
.
.
💜