~ Prologue ~

MinaThe flames rose , swallowing the beautiful ancestral house inch by inch, burning away at memories built from youth

Mina
The flames rose , swallowing the beautiful ancestral house inch by inch, burning away at memories built from youth. As black tendrils of smoke begun to rise , screams echoed through her ears , as if under water, but there was nothing left to do ; the damage was done.

Mina Delvaux awoke with a start , her heart pounding as she felt the lick of the flames against her face.
As she looked into the darkness of her room , eyes wide with remembrance, she felt her breathing get heavy, the need for air becoming more and more dire. Stumbling out of bed desperately trying to find her way through the dark , her eyes began to water, flashes of that day continuing , because the never really left did they? Lost in her thoughts, Mina's hand crashed the mug on her desk, the sound of glass cracking echoing through her ears. Finally making it to her window, she swung it open, breathing in the air and clearing her system of the campfire smell that burned her throat.
"Mina?"
Swinging her head around, she met her sisters worried gaze.
"I'm fine Leyla, just go back to bed " she mumbled.
"Mina..." her sister sighed.
Mina turned back around, staring into the brightly lit city of New York. No matter the time, the lights never seemed to dim, the city never seemed to sleep.
Leyla gazed at her sister for a moment longer before leave the room. As she left , Mina let out a sign. The cycle never seemed to end either.

4 hours and 46 minutes passed before the sun began to rise. She could hear her sister packing the last few of their belongings. She felt the burning of her throat , the chapping of her lips. Deciding it was the time to leave the rut that was her room she moved towards her door, carefully stepping over the shards of glass that echoed her reflection.
"Morning" Leyla's voice flowed through her ears.
"Morning" she mumbled back before continuing " So, when do we leave?"
"In about an hour, if you haven't finished packing yet you should do it now." Before heading to her own room, the padding of her feet echoing the hallway.
As Mina filled a glass of water , her eyes landed on a picture of the two of them.
The Delvaux sisters had very unique beauty, different from each other , but similar  in enough ways that one could tell they were related.

Mina Delvaux had a triangular shaped face with a pointed chin and high cheekbones. Her face shape perfectly suiting her freckled straight and slightly down turned nose. She had medium sized lips with a Cupid's bow that were always  over lined with a lip pencil.  Tying her features together , Mina had smooth clear olive colored skin. Flowing down her shoulders , she had long cherry red hair. Now although most of the sisters features were variations of each other, They're eyes are what made them different. Whereas Mina had sharp , mocha brown almost black almond eyes ; steely with thick lashes, Leyla had wider sienna brown eyes framed by arched perfectly plucked brows.

Leyla's long brunette hair fell down her back in ringlets that framed her clear, ivory and oval face. Similar to Mina, she had the same medium sized lips , but preferred to embrace her Cupid's bow.

Turning her head away from the picture of them, she trudged down the hall back to her room, skeptical of the day to come.

First chapter bitchess! I hope u guys like the writing and if u have any tips pls lmk! In the next few chapter we will be diving more into the girls personality's and see where they are going ( we all know where they are going )

Thank you all so much for reading!!
Kisses xx